advertisement

Naim Orator s400-speaker grille or not?

Werner Mayrhuber

Hi guys, what's your preference? I'm not sure what is "standard" in this case, but the grill for the mid woofer seems to be a little soundproof. If there are no kids and no cats-better without?
Greetings from snowy Austria
Werner

Hi guys, what's your preference? I'm not sure what is "standard" in this case, but the grill for the mid woofer seems to be a little soundproof. If there are no kids and no cats-better without?
Greetings from snowy Austria
Werner
Depends on whether they were designed with the grilles on or off in mind - the earlier Naim speakers were all meant to be used with the foam left on

Why don't experiment yourself and do what sound best to you ?
There are thousands of experts on Internet forums mind you (in their own opinion:D)
your right-I did so and my opinion is that it's better without, but it would be interesting to know the intention of the manufacturer

Ignore them Werner, Naim bashing is not so much a sport but more like an institution in here.

It's not *really* though is it, considering it's pretty much an unofficial naim and linn forum. People even create threads with no context in the title assuming you know they're talking about naim kit.

It's not *really* though is it, considering it's pretty much an unofficial naim and linn forum. People even create threads with no context in the title assuming you know they're talking about naim kit.

Sorry, but pfm is not an unofficial Linn/ Naim forum. More questions are asked about Linn and Naim simply as there is a lot more of their kit in circulation compared to other manufacturers. Many on here are either owners or ex-owners and most are level-headed about it, but there is a minority of posters who love to pile in on Naim and Linn threads with their crass negativity or, in some cases, even start such threads to get a rise and spew forth their bile of how Naim/Linn have somehow conned them in their past (like they didn't have ears with which to listen before buying). Most of them are just a bit dim and not capable of thinking for themselves and somehow that's all Linn and Naim's fault, not theirs. All just IMHO of course :D

At the end of the day the chap here has asked a reasonable question and gets told his speakers are crap. Nice way to be eh?

I leave mine on. I took them off once but not sure it made much difference. It didn't seem like Naim designed them with that in mind as they aren't that easy to take off.

advertisement

Back