advertisement

Audiophile Network Switches for Streaming ... really ?

I wish you the very best Flash but I’m not convinced by your motives in this thread. I’m sure I’m less smart than you but let’s say I was going to release a fancy USB cable. I think I’d have the nous to spend 98 pages eulogising such things before I slipped in the ‘oh, and by the way I’m releasing one soon’.

However science and engineering aren't based on "Jury Service".

What someone 'likes' or 'prefers' is one thing. But opinions about that aren't invariably 'facts' for everyone else.
Have you done Jury Service? I believe that experience is relevant because it is all about establishing facts rather than opinions and preferences. When a jury deliberates, they can't let personal preferences and prejudices ("I never trust anyone with eyebrows that join", "he looks guilty"!) get in the way. There is no science here, but there are still facts. Just saying.

Fear not. All tested,CE-certified etc, and most definitely functionally tested.

Does this ^^^^ indicate that you are just intending to market someone else's already certified and built item under your own "brand" ?

As I have already said ; I have not read this whole thread so I may well have missed previously posted pertinent details from you.

I wish you the very best Flash but I’m not convinced by your motives in this thread. I’m sure I’m less smart than you but let’s say I was going to release a fancy USB cable. I think I’d have the nous to spend 98 pages eulogising such things before I slipped in the ‘oh, and by the way I’m releasing one soon’.
Well clearly I won't be able to convinve you otherwise, but you have no basis other than cynicism for assuming anything about my motives.

And you have no basis to presume you're less smart than me, I can assure you!

I didn't slip anything in by the way, others mentioned this. This thread has nothing to do with any one switch, though the switch-antogonistic have recently started playing the man not the ball. I think I'll leave them to play now.

Good luck with the USB cable :)

Does this ^^^^ indicate that you are just intending to market someone else's already certified and built item under your own "brand" ?

As I have already said ; I have not read this whole thread so I may well have missed previously posted pertinent details from you.

PM if me if you're interested, Joe, and I can explain the process which any manufacturer goes through to certify CE-compliance. I'm not turning this thread into something about any one switch in particular. Thanks.

When a jury deliberates, they can't let personal preferences and prejudices ("I never trust anyone with eyebrows that join", "he looks guilty"!) get in the way. There is no science here, but there are still facts. Just saying.

If only. I've sat on a couple of juries, and on one of them we had one 'person' who was of the mindset that " If the police arrested and charged him, he must be guilty, mustn't he?" The evidence presented had been completely ignored.

Wizard_oil.jpg

If only. I've sat on a couple of juries, and on one of them we had one 'person' who was of the mindset that " If the police arrested and charged him, he must be guilty, mustn't he?" The evidence presented had been completely ignored.
Yes, I once sat on a jury a bit like that, in fact I ended up being voted foreman, probably because I kept banging away at the need to decide based on the evidence we had.

Thing is there already exist a category of devices called ethernet RFI filters.
https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-iso-plus-2
seems to make definable comprehensible measurable claims
so.....

Excellent, £73 available in the UK and they even publish their data. If ‘noise’ is an issue then these will go a long way to suppress it, no switch involved. Ages ago I DIY’d something similar, just because I could, didn’t make any noticeable difference to my ears…

To be fair on Mr Flash - he announced his intention to bring one to market way back on page 12 of this thread, obvs not as a big announcement ... but a declaration of interest nonetheless.
And I recall he has repeated it numerous times since (although my memory of this daft saga has faded somewhat over the months...)

Well I’ve prototyped one based on what I’ve learned but I don’t have a business yet or I’d have taken out a trade membership. You’ll have spotted that I have steered clear, and will continue to do so, of any reference to audiophile switches in general or my emerging design in particular. All I’m talking about is what ANY switch does. And no, I’m not shilling for Zyxel!

Excellent, £73 available in the UK and they even publish their data. If ‘noise’ is an issue then these will go a long way to suppress it, no switch involved. Ages ago I DIY’d something similar, just because I could, didn’t make any noticeable difference to my ears…

Well that should put the whole matter properly to bed and slipped into the archive of 'pointless things to worry about - affordable and robust solution already available'
(although not in a posh box);)

Thread question long since taken care of .....

advertisement

Back