advertisement

Audiophile Network Switches for Streaming ... really ?

Just popped back in to see how this could still be going, now I see, 96 pages of shilling. I asked on November 5th if this had anything to do with a commercial product but didn’t get an answer to that question and low and behold after hundreds of posts the main protagonist of this thread is saying he’s launching a company which will be selling a network switch. Who’d have thought it?

Just popped back in to see how this could still be going, now I see, 96 pages of shilling. I asked on November 5th if this had anything to do with a commercial product but didn’t get an answer to that question and low and behold after hundreds of posts the main protagonist of this thread is saying he’s launching a company which will be selling a network switch. Who’d have thought it?
Nah, just an anti-measurist warrior.

Perhaps you should start a trade thread about it if you want to limit what opinion people can give.

Maybe pay Tony for the 96 pages of free ad you've had from this thread. After all you think it's about your product already ..
Ah, the assembled Likers in action. How cute, how predictable.
It’s not about any product, check my posts. All about switches in general, not audiophile switches and certainly not any one audiophile switch in particular. The one measuring device I possess is a factometer and I need to check the (non-audiophile, obviously) fuse as your posts simply aren’t registering.

I shall indeed be pleased to take out a trade membership very shortly.

I applaud anyone with the entrepreneurial spirit and nouse to start a business. I'd love to do the same but wouldn't know where to start.

I've bought plenty of 'shed-built' bits and bobs and I love seeing all the stuff talented folk have on offer in, for example, the traders section of Lenco Heaven.

None of this stuff is a cure for cancer - and the end of the day it's all just toys that people are free to buy or not. All good fun and not to be taken very seriously.

My only observation would be that if you're going into business selling hi-fi foo/accessories (delete as required) you probably need a bit of a thick skin.

Happy to bounce ideas around if that helps. Over coffee, naturally. It’s not easy, I can tell you that.

My skin is not thick, obviously. I’m sensitive to personal(ised) criticism, and have an allergy to self-proclaimed truth warriors who have zero understanding or experience of that of which they speak so persistently. I wonder what their agenda is.

Did my bit for curing diseases by the way, 6 years in pharma and NHS. You’d think hifi would be lighter touch but apparently it ignites passions! Who knew?

Launching an electrical product without testing? I hope there is full awareness of the myriad electrical safety and what ever the UK has replaced CE with after Brexit (and CE too if you want to sell in the large EU market).

Even if one chooses to completely ignore any functional testing to demonstrate audio improvement - you still need a bunch of testing done before you can certify a product onto the market.

Launching an electrical product without testing? I hope there is full awareness of the myriad electrical safety and what ever the UK has replaced CE with after Brexit (and CE too if you want to sell in the large EU market).

Even if one chooses to completely ignore any functional testing to demonstrate audio improvement - you still need a bunch of testing done before you can certify a product onto the market.
Fear not. All tested,CE-certified etc, and most definitely functionally tested.

But the thread is about switches, not a specific switch. Or should be. If it’s not, ask others why.

‘factometer’. Sure that isn’t a BS meter…you remind me of that guy trying to flog small active ‘speakers’ on here from a few years ago…

When you worked in pharmaceuticals were you responsible for the throwing stuff in a bottle and selling it without double blind testing dept?

One day you may be invited to do jury service. Phrases like beyond reasonable doubt may be used. You will hear and see mainly verbal accounts, sometimes conflicting, and will rarely be presented with "proof" of the sort you appear to expect here..

However science and engineering aren't based on "Jury Service".

What someone 'likes' or 'prefers' is one thing. But opinions about that aren't invariably 'facts' for everyone else.

I was wondering if it was an actual head clamp so you don't move during blind testing.

Yes. Like the ones used for Victorian photography. The point being that in almost all normal domestic rooms even a slght movement of the head alters the sound. As, alas, some does previous recent exposure to sound. Hence exactly the same recording played on the same kit, etc, can "sound different" if your head isn't *exactly where it was before. Even then, comparisons run many times have shown that even playing exactly the same thing though the same setup, etc, more than once is quite often judged to be 'different' in tests where a difference in the replay system may *or may not* have been made.

Yes. Like the ones used for Victorian photography. The point being that in almost all normal domestic rooms even a slght movement of the head alters the sound. As, alas, some does previous recent exposure to sound. Hence exactly the same recording played on the same kit, etc, can "sound different" if your head isn't *exactly where it was before. Even then, comparisons run many times have shown that even playing exactly the same thing though the same setup, etc, more than once is quite often judged to be 'different' in tests where a difference in the replay system may *or may not* have been made.

Is this a step too far? You know we're a big bag of chemicals right and stereo is an illusion. Your brain gets tricked thousands of times a day.

What makes you think your brain and ears are a solid, non changing reference to the point where you're going to literally clamp your head in place?

advertisement

Back