advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

sounds exciting , whats the housing market like there . devon is funny . got a flat lingering which had to reduce and another place sold in less that 24 hours !!

smokey Negroni

been messing with this for a few months with a mixologist friend.

20230122_175803 by uh_simon, on Flickr

30 each of Martini Rosso and Campari, 25 of Smokehead (5th whisky we've tried), couple of shakes of orange bitters. Stir over ice in your fav tumbler

Savin' money on the gas bill. Using the stove for cooking. Surprisingly easy. (cookery with lids recommended to avoid grease up the wall in living room)
Getting harder to locate organic chickens; 1st world problem?

EDIT: (Combustible materials may appear closer than they really are, in this photograph)

Leeks simmered in a pan, made with a white milk/flour sauce was always done when we had bacon and eggs at home growing up, was totally normal to us, was very nice indeed I used to think.

I'm with you on leeks. Much underused today and flippin' lovely things. I am (was) guilty of not washing them thoroughly enough and grit has made them (or me) less popular in our house than is deserved.

sounds exciting , whats the housing market like there . devon is funny . got a flat lingering which had to reduce and another place sold in less that 24 hours !!

I don’t know what the housing market is like locally. The things we are interested all seem a bit expensive, but the last time I purchased a house it was 20k and I am still in that property.

The idea of spending 300k + on a house seems a bit much!

Up well before 8 to enjoy a lazy, quiet day; some tea, some - no, a lot of - music: a day mostly spent reading.
Also a chat with the heiress; and another with Ad - my longest-held, deepest friendship, confirming an overdue catch-up in Edinburgh mid-March. The kind of chat that is almost elliptically -impenetrable to anyone else, the kind of friend you can pick-up on were you left-off, three + months ago, in 21 words or less.

Life is good, because I have such people in mine.

Now - a rather vicious bean-based chili now in progress on the stove.

Last edited:
Declined their "we fit for £7.50" option. Easy clip fit, took all of 2 minutes. Me thinks £225 per hour is slightly excessive?

That option is people like my friend. His local Volvo dealer checks and tops up fluids between services if you drop in. One winter night he was visiting with a 50 mile trip home. His washer fluid warning had come on. I said "no problem, I've plenty of screen wash" . I asked him to pop the bonnet for me. He didn't even know how to do that!!!

interviewing......L in CS.

Received my new driving licence that was fast (renewed last Thursday and delivered today)

Youngest Son arrived yesterday.
It turns out that he had been wild camping (no tent) near Aviemore in Scotland, so my guess was spot on. (freezing cold, so where will the Boy choose??). Boy complained that the weather was warmer up in Scotland than it was in Nottinghamshire, but still had a great time.
He lives on the Isle O Wight, but is thinking of moving to the North-East coast. Property prices on the Island are rather high, particularly for a first time buyer…
Gave him his Christmas present - headphones (Fidelio X2HR) and a birthday gift, Bruce Campbell - ‘If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B-Movie Actor’ book. This book is hilarious, and if you know of Bruce Campbell, it doesn’t disappoint. Great insights into Sam Raimi and the mechanics of film production. Ace.
Boy and I waited for The Wife to go to bed, then watched Mad God on DvD, (thread started on this genuine one-of-a-kind film) - lovely to spend time just being with The Boy. He lives 200 miles away, and I miss giving him a hug and sharing a laugh.

I have more sleeves to fill with records from Headway charity shop. The sales are definitely increasing, which is excellent.

Beef stew and suet dumplings later. I am salivating already.

three interviews scheduled today - first one pulled out an hour before, last one was no show.......

to make matters worse these waste of time interviews stopped me attending an ex-colleague funeral

Last edited:
Trying to get money back on a dodgy dehumidifier ( midea)

Admin and inspectiing a nursing home which had an old classic car in the garden .and a little zoo with big fluffy rabbits and goats and chickens !! We thought it was delightful !!

Decided to work from home today, I've felt really tired and lethargic for about 10 days now. I've had to have a snooze in the car a couple of times before driving back from London in the last few days. Rang the GP when it opened this morning at 08.00 and was instantly number 32 in the queue. Miraculously I got a same day appointment. I had to wait 45 minutes in the waiting room but when I did see the GP he was excellent. Going to have a load of bolod tests and seeing him again in 2 weeks. We chatted about my recent blood pressure test (and subsequent home tests, averaging 140/85) and he told me it was borderline and not to worry too much, said to stop daily testing and he'd check it again when I went back. It was 128/85 on his machine.

Cheers BB

advertisement

Back