advertisement

Zeta Tonearms

foxwelljsly

Me too, I ate one sour too.
Bit long in the tooth, but apparently good in their day.

Are they worth a punt? If so, what would be a sensible price? £200 or so?

cheers

Great arms, but be wary of sticky bearings as the lube hardens. Many will need rebuilding by someone with some skill.

I have a Zeta, it's a great arm. I had mine rewired by Audio Origami.

They sell in the higher range mentioned above.

There's a thread about them here or the 'Wam in which a guy who can service them is mentioned and contributes(?) if bearings are a concern.

I have one but found it a bit lacking in dynamics compared to an ittok . Probably less coloured though . The connection to the tonearm is none standard so be careful to get one that either comes with a suitable tonearm cable or has been modified to take the more modern type of socket .

20 years ago they were £200, but that was when you could get 3009s for under £100 and Mission 774 for £100. Not now, to any of that. They are, I understand, very good indeed.

I thought Johnnie7 had stopped working on Zetas quite a while ago due to parts supply issues. He's definitely stopped doing Ittock's more recently to concentrate o PU7 manufacture.

Is there anybody else?

If not then I suspect days are numbered for a lot of these older arms.

I thought Johnnie7 had stopped working on Zetas quite a while ago due to parts supply issues. He's definitely stopped doing Ittock's more recently to concentrate o PU7 manufacture.

Is there anybody else?

If not then I suspect days are numbered for a lot of these older arms.
He recently offered quite a few upgrades for my Akito so I'm surprised to learn about the ittok.

advertisement

Back