advertisement

Audiophile Network Switches for Streaming ... really ?

You seem to think it is, so all's fair as you set the standard.

I enjoy the whiny 'they are picking on me' after attempting to pick on someone for many pages..lolz
Oh dear...

Just asking for something tangible, rather than subjective. If you want to have a pop at my spelling...

Oh dear...

Just asking for something tangible, rather than subjective. If you want to have a pop at my spelling...

Oh you made an edit..

I’ll have a pop at the level you have a pop, you call me gullible I call your spelling rubbish, same old same old. Get over yourself and stop pulling the butthurt card, its not becoming in the slightest.

Oh you made an edit..

I’ll have a pop at the level you have a pop, you call me gullible I call your spelling rubbish, same old same old. Get over yourself and stop pulling the butthurt card, its not becoming in the slightest.
You were too quick...

I don't think I've popped at any one particularly and certainly not at a personal level.

But keep at it, I'm sure I'll spell something else wrong again and then you can have a cheap laugh. :)

I missed a bit, the gullible was aimed collectively as a general term. I don't know if you are included in that, it was a point that there are at least two camps, the believers and the non believers, you can be in either, I don't mind.

You were too quick...

I don't think I've popped at any one particularly and certainly not at a personal level.

But keep at it, I'm sure I'll spell something else wrong again and then you can have a cheap laugh. :)

Nope, you hit the post button, I replied. One can’t to be too quick if someone backtracks.

If you don’t *think* you have then it explains your facetious commentary on this thread, but you probably won’t understand that either.

By merely ‘speculating’ at who ‘gullible’ are when you are referencing those people continually doesn't make it not personal it just makes it massive bellend behaviour, imo. So I’ll poke fun as much as I like when you make comments about me and my friends and fellow enthusiasts. Same old same old however dressed up in academia you make it.

I make spelling mistakes all the time so feel free to take the piss, many do.

If you’re gonna rip the piss out of people in YOUR way, expect someone may rip it out of you THEIR way..:)

Is thi
Nope, you hit the post button, I replied. One can’t to be too quick if someone backtracks.

If you don’t *think* you have then it explains your facetious commentary on this thread, but you probably won’t understand that either.

By merely ‘speculating’ at who ‘gullible’ are when you are referencing those people continually doesn't make it not personal it just makes it massive bellend behaviour, imo. So I’ll poke fun as much as I like when you make comments about me and my friends and fellow enthusiasts. Same old same old however dressed up in academia you make it.

If you’re gonna rip the piss out of people in YOUR way, expect someone may rip it out of you THEIR way..
A nerve?

I don't think I ripped the piss...I don't think I ever spelt out that YOU were gullible. I differentiate the world in to gullible and non-gullible, the believers and the non believers, which is what divides threads like this. Your comment was about the world, mine was about the split...and sorry if I didn't say IMO at the end.

Either way, people can believe what they want.

But I do take it as an insult being called a bellend, sorry, behaving like one. Not my intention, but it appears to have been taken that way.

I wasn't poking fun, I was pointing out an error. I've never noticed a single mistake in any of your posts other than this.
My apologies for taking it the wrong way. I think that's the second time I've misread your comment, text is a terribly emotionless medium.

I do try really hard to form sentences and spelling, and do try to check stuff before I post.

Thank you for the compliment Flash

I missed a bit, the gullible was aimed collectively as a general term. I don't know if you are included in that, it was a point that there are at least two camps, the believers and the non believers, you can be in either, I don't mind.
I do appreciate that this is a well-intentioned, perhaps even conciliatory, post but I have real problems with the very concept of believers and non-believers in the context of switches. What has believing and non-believing got to do with this? It's like some sort of medieval throwback. I don't believe in switches, I experience the positive difference I've heard them make in two very different systems. Talk about believers and non-believers feels, to me, like a patronising pat on the head, the humouring of a child about his/her imaginary friend.
Hence my offer of coffee and tunes. No-one - no-one - could dismiss what they will hear as the product of an on overactive imagination, of a believer.

Last edited:
Is thi

A nerve?

I don't think I ripped the piss...I don't think I ever spelt out that YOU were gullible. I differentiate the world in to gullible and non-gullible, the believers and the non believers, which is what divides threads like this. Your comment was about the world, mine was about the split...and sorry if I didn't say IMO at the end.

Either way, people can believe what they want.

But I do take it as an insult being called a bellend, sorry, behaving like one. Not my intention, but it appears to have been taken that way.

No real nerve, I couldn't give a toss in the grand scheme of life, but I get tired of the academic insulting from your side of the camp, so I'll kick back as I would in real life. I don't sugar coat myself in the slightest, as you can probably tell :)

People can believe what they want, and people can form their open opinions from the information they wish to, such as listening to music through different equipment, this does not make them gullible or any other academic insulting term that's used often to berate those that see, hear, interpret, differently to you (if you think about it, there is real irony that you put your dyslexia in the mix here)

I see that as bellend behaviour myself, you're not the only one there's a few others as well, the 'regulars' who go down the fairy dust unicorn/believers non believers blah blah routes also.

So there ya go, gullible/bellend - same difference in this context. Difference is, I'm not butthurt and whine, I just retaliate.

I do appreciate that this is a well-intentioned, perhaps even conciliatory, post but I have real problems with the very concept of believers and non-believers in the contect of switches. What has believing and non-believing got to do with this? It's like some sort of medieval throwback. I don't believe in switches, I experience the positive difference I've heard them make in two very different systems. Talk about believers and non-believers feels, to me, like a patronising pat on the head, the humouring of a child about his/her imaginary friend.
Hence my offer of coffee and tunes. No-one - no-one - could dismiss what they will hear as the product of an on overactive imagination, of a believer.
That's an interesting take, one which I wasn't intentionally portraying, though I can understand how it comes about, certainly from how I approach things that I can't see in b/w; one could say that I've been conditioned by my background to test and evidence phenomena and should, I think I said this before up thread, be more relaxed with my approach and new experiences. But just like my love of biscuits, it is a hard habit to break :)

My apologies if I came across as condescending.

All that said, I think there is always be a number camps, ranging for those who give it go and those who are waiting for the published papers. What compounds it for me, is that there are some things sold out there which are clearly (IMO and probably a majority of others) foo, and for me that makes me cautious to consider anything that can't be, or hasn't been measured in a way that clearly shows a cause for the effect.

So how have do you intend to build an Improved network switch without recourse to measurements? Are you just going to throw boutique parts at it until you think it sounds betteter enough?

Or are you actually going to do that old fadhioned thing and measure the output of a connected device?

No real nerve, I couldn't give a toss in the grand scheme of life, but I get tired of the academic insulting from your side of the camp, so I'll kick back as I would in real life. I don't sugar coat myself in the slightest, as you can probably tell :)

People can believe what they want, and people can form their open opinions from the information they wish to, such as listening to music through different equipment, this does not make them gullible or any other academic insulting term that's used often to berate those that see, hear, interpret, differently to you (if you think about it, there is real irony that you put your dyslexia in the mix here)

I see that as bellend behaviour myself, you're not the only one there's a few others as well, the 'regulars' who go down the fairy dust unicorn/believers non believers blah blah routes also.

So there ya go, gullible/bellend - same difference in this context. Difference is, I'm not butthurt and whine, I just retaliate.
TBH I see your retaliation as just that, but started by singling people out, me, after I cunningly divided the world, which, it is already. Though now you've widened it to others now so that's cool, takes the sting out of it for me. :)

Not whining, trying to get a little balance to your fervor.

And I couldn't give a toss what you think either, if we are at that point. :)

Says FW - after several posts he makes full of butthurt whining ..

Surprised you are still trying to flog that very dead horsemeat ... even the flies have buggered off in favour of a more savoury cadaver :D

Still - credit for helping out a friend in need ;)

TBH I see your retaliation as just that, but started by singling people out, me, after I cunningly divided the world, which, it is already. Though now you've widened it to others now so that's cool, takes the sting out of it for me. :)

Not whining, trying to get a little balance to your fervor.

And I couldn't give a toss what you think either, if we are at that point. :)

Ah you did so well with the attempt to be overly polite and humble as deflection, it didn’t last long, but was interesting to see how long you could manage it.

You may also want to go backwards and see where the concept of ‘the world’ came from, lol..

Ah you did so well with the attempt to be overly polite and humble as deflection, it didn’t last long, but was interesting to see how long you could manage it.

You may also want to go backwards and see where the concept of ‘the world’ came from, lol..
Gosh, personality insights...thanks, but no thanks.

advertisement

Back