advertisement

Speakers for larger living room

Go on you know you want to. They are so unfatiquing to listen to.
Sounds very promising. I just think they look gorgeous. After getting such great results from a simple three box Naim system in my living room (DAC/CDP/AMP), I’m looking at the 10 box active Linn system in my listening room, and thinking of ditching it all for fewer, very high quality boxes. I wonder how they would sound with a Selekt DSM behind them?

I’ll second the PMC floorstanders recommendation, having had a pair of FB1+s for about ten years now.
I lent them to a mate with a pretty big room, and they worked well in there. So much so, he bought a pair himself.

I’m selling some harbeth shl5+ which fill a large room with ease and are particularly good at low volumes. PM if interested and can send some pics. Other than harbeths for large spaces the bigger the speakers the better unless as others have said you sit near or relatively near field. My room is 6x5x3.5m and my previous neat momentum sx3i didn’t do the job whereas the harbeths manage it with ease.

As much as I love Royd Minstrels - and I really do love these speakers - they aren’t ever going to fill a large room. Their bass response is fine given their size as long as you are sat fairly close to them. As others have said you’re gonna need a bigger boat.
I can't say I have ever actually heard actual bass from a Royd speaker.

Graham Audio LS6. Perfect for larger rooms, stunning at all volume levels and have that lovely BBC monitor sound.

Sounds very promising. I just think they look gorgeous. After getting such great results from a simple three box Naim system in my living room (DAC/CDP/AMP), I’m looking at the 10 box active Linn system in my listening room, and thinking of ditching it all for fewer, very high quality boxes. I wonder how they would sound with a Selekt DSM behind them?

They're fantastic speakers.

Nothing has filled my 10mx5m room the way magneplanars do. You cant beat a dipole for driving a big space.

2nd that have a listen to the new LRS +
Maggies are really special speakers they just do a wall of sound with your eyes shut
Their timbre and separation is astonishingly good.
Incredibly natural sounding - so easy on the ear.

Proac D30R are awesome, pump plenty of high quality air, and the speakers disappear in the soundstage.

Even better are the Sonus Faber Olympica Nova, just stunningly good given enough space.

Of course, you need the big bucks!

How much bass are you expecting from a small cabinet with a single small driver? Having said that, even the larger Abbotts lacked bass.

advertisement

Back