advertisement

Emma Raducanu continues to improve.

Seems that she's going toe to toe, so should nail it.( I just can't imagine anyone not having toenails, not least a sports person).

She should have kept the coach she won the USA Open with. At least for a couple of years.

Seems so! I thought that was only a short term arrangement though. It must be a tough thing to do to employ the right coach - and at her age. No doubt everyone is in her ear but I wonder if she's listening to the right people. She won't want a reputation for being hard to work with or going through coaches like 'handbags'

The match against Swiatek was closer than the score suggested and If Swiatek had brought the level she produced against Samsonova she'd have gotten beaten.

Not bad for someone with a weeks experience on clay, French open might present more opportunities.

Still needs to be more aggressive and less reliant on that drop shot from the baseline, big improvement though

Still needs to be more aggressive and less reliant on that drop shot from the baseline, big improvement though
Yes, that drop shot on set point... oooch !. Much to like about that performance though, well done. Hopefully a better season ahead !

She’s gone from never using the drop shot to playing with it and experimenting, same with the slice.

Her game is definitely a work in progress as is her fitness. Gauff only just got the better of her with a dodgy ankle and a severely hampered serve.

As with most newbies, the great players suss them out quite quickly & if they have little else to offer, fall by the wayside & become part of the pack.

Lot's of potential then changed coaches after winning a slam, i mean, WTF.

And another coach bites the dust, she's obviously being extremely badly advised from somewhere. All that talent and yet it seems she's descending into another British laughing stock in the tennis world.

And another coach bites the dust, she's obviously being extremely badly advised from somewhere. All that talent and yet it seems she's descending into yet another British laughing stock in the tennis world.

Being pushed too hard, whether she's doing it to herself or whether it's the coach(es) or a bit of both, she's just had two ops and is missing both R-G and Wimbledon. She needs to find the right team and probably now on a reduced budget!

advertisement

Back