advertisement

Audiolab 9000 cd transport and amp

Once over the style and endless ‘flagships’ I found that vid useful. It confirms that it does look well built (although super smooth is not how I’d describe the drawer mech) and that, especially in silver, I couldn’t live with that knob and display functionally, aesthetically, and it’s going to fail sooner than a simpler arrangement. I’m not really tempted since I try not to buy Chi-Fi anymore but I think Richer offer a six year guarantee, probably well worth taking.

Despite already owning and enjoying several bits of Audiolab kit, the looks of those would make them a no from me.

Alooluminum. Love it!

I recently got a 6000CDT for the 2nd system and am very impressed with it. I wasn't sure about the slot loading but have to say I'm a convert - no sign of any scratching (which is what would have worried me). It's certainly safer than many drawers where they don't come out far enough and you have to tuck the disc under the lip of the machine. It's a black one and is understated and elegant. Oh...and it sounds great too.

As for this new one...I hate to say it but I wouldn't have it in the house. Looks like it's got a TV on the front!

Question to self: do I really want or need a 9000CDT?
Answer to self: no. I rip and I stream. I play vinyl. [A sigh of relief].;)

The HDD interface is a bit disappointing if you want to use it as a hub for CD and stored music. I quite like the look of the new HiFi Rose 250A it ticks more boxes for me but completely different spec.

Lordy, I am surprised ol' Tee-Jay didn't give us all a nice rundown of his shootem'-up gun collection at the end of the video.:)

I am waiting for more reviews on the 9000 CDT and to know who is the drive / optical manufacturer.

Reactions: mbu

advertisement

Back