advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Still waiting to get my car back..ETA pushed back a day..but maybe tomorrow...Weds. Can't recall if I mentioned Physio has OK'd....even encouraged returning to weight training, with a couple of caveats. So today was my second small session. I've lost a lot of strength, but it'll come back. Had to reduce my weights by about 40%.
Small walk yesterday but didn't leave the house today. Apparently, EVERYBODY should walk 10000 steps per day. I can,'t remember the last time I topped 6000.

Spent the summer holidays swimming in the sea when I was a teenager in Whitby. It was so cold it took your breathe away when you first got in. I’ll stick to indoors or The Med now thanks.

Cheers BB

I'd love to be able to get into wild swimming, but I suppose I've left it way too late. By definition, wild swimming in the UK = Cold Swimming. Not sure I could get the old ticker to cope with the the cold.
But I did swim across a subterranean lake in Aygill Caverns, Yorkshire, in the 70's.. That was pretty cool..and an almost psychedelic experience... I'd recommend it. But first you have to get there .. .

Am fuming, why are people now saying pork belly instead of bellypork? Americanisms can **** right off. Really Really doesnt sit right with me and thats all.

Reactions: Cav
Worrying about my friend quite poorly in hospital and family member too in hospital

Continued house clearance on property which is a big job !! Agent came round and rang with a viewing within one hour !!

Not surprising as its in one of the most sought after areas.

Sitting quietly, shutters drawn at home with a migraine starting with visual aura at 5am.

First in over two years; I don't miss them.

Martin, my man.

Sitting quietly, shutters drawn at home with a migraine starting with visual aura at 5am.

First in over two years; I don't miss them.

Much sympathy and empathy your way. You'd think a migraine aura would be like an LDS trip, but they're miserable things to get.

Joe

I find the aura the fun bit*. It's like the Doctor slipping you a small dose of Smarties before doing something unpleasant such as an injection, as a child (well, our Dr Jarvis did...)

* Esp the disconnect of looking in the bathroom mirror, seeing everything in the room but usually not myself - I've never worked that out!

Surprised by this one - can't think what the trigger might be. Oh well, it just is - and over now.

I went to see an old friend today. He didn’t have the heating on, so I kept my hat and coat on. He did offer, but is wasn’t a thing.
His son has started at Durham university, and he is enjoying it. Said son plays a saxophone and has joined a uni jazz band - good for him.
We chewed the fat about his Lenco idler, headphones and the like.
He coughed up that he has stopped drinking. Good for him. He has always been a bit dubious when on the sauce, so this is a wise decision.
Enquired as to whether him and his missus were up to coming for dinner sometime soon, positive response - confirmed with him that neither of them are vegans… correct. All gravy.

Purchased a pair of old fashioned flannelette pyjamas and a couple of cotton vests.
The Wife was very impressed.

We had a light dusting of snow this morning. We went for a lovely walk up the lane when it finished. It doesn't snow very often down here apparently.

This evening we have decided to give the log burner in the music room a try. We had the chimney swept before Christmas with the intention of using it while the family were with us.

The music room is now lovely and toasty.

I was planning to sort out some records to take to a "Bring your favourite 80s music" evening in Dorch. Mrs seagull has joined me which isn't necessarily a good thing...

My choices...

The Cure
The Chameleons
Cocteau Twins

Mrs seagull's...

Phil Collins
Culture Club

* Esp the disconnect of looking in the bathroom mirror, seeing everything in the room but usually not myself - I've never worked that out!
It’s a little known fact that migraines are the result of an unsuccessful, interrupted vampire attack. Some effects may last temporarily, such as not having a reflection. I’m pleased to read you are recovering - you will probably find the fear of garlic that you couldn’t account for all day and the desire for a non-stop diet of goth music have faded now as well.

In future, I suggest you keep your bedroom windows closed on cold winter nights - living up at bat altitude you are at risk when they are looking for somewhere warm to spend the night.

Heard the news on the grapevine that the Bognor fishermen had a weather window last night so would be bringing something ashore at 3pm. Grabbed an excellent sea bass, and strangely some herring. Herring must be eaten fresh (forget a supermarket fish counter) and boy it didn’t disappoint.
Bass tomorrow. Can’t wait.

advertisement

Back