advertisement

Only modest changes. Have now switched to a Whest Two.2 phono stage with a Transfiguration Phoenix on the end of the arm.

I also bought the new audiolab DC blocker 6. Both my hegel and phono stages toroidal were prone to variable buzzing. The audiolab sorts this out but also has enough throughout for up to 1800w of amplification.

oDRmPoH.jpg

DTQPnMn.jpg

oBYSYOO.jpg

Very nice and it still looks like a living room.

This is mine, somewhat simplified from last year. It’s a Naim NDX2, XPSDR, Supernait 3 and ProAc Tablette 10 Signature speakers. I sometimes think it looks a bit boring compared to some on here, but it’s neat and tidy and works for us.
80-D8-BAD5-1870-4-BCC-ADBD-A91-B8175-EA6-C.jpg

Not boring at all, usable living space with hi waf. Very nice room.

I sometimes think it looks a bit boring compared to some on here, but it’s neat and tidy and works for us.
Really like the looks of your system HH! :) I also like a system neat and tidy, and to blend into the livingroom interior, which yours does very well.

I sometimes think it looks a bit boring compared to some on here, but it’s neat and tidy and works for us.

Looks a lovely space to listen to music in, I'm very much into how minimal a HiFi can be now, I keep thinking about replacing the CXN->DAC->Amp set-up I have with something like a Hegel H190 (or NAD C399) and have it all in one box.

Looks a lovely space to listen to music in, I'm very much into how minimal a HiFi can be now, I keep thinking about replacing the CXN->DAC->Amp set-up I have with something like a Hegel H190 (or NAD C399) and have it all in one box.

That was a big part of the attraction of the Musicbook kit for me. Phono stage, streamer, dac, pre and power sections and headphone amp, all in two pretty boxes.

Just had the Karousel bearing fitted to the LP12 (from a fellow forum member) and I've also got the Lingo 4 tucked away at the back of the unit.

Not ideal placement as mentioned before, but sounding good, and very involving, despite my room limitations.
  • Cyrus i9-XR amplifier
  • Hi-Fi Rose RS 250 streamer (running Tidal and some radio stations)
  • RME ADI-FS2 DAC
  • Cyrus CDi-XR CD player
  • LP12/Rega tonearm/Audio Technica cartridge
  • Wharfedale Linton Heritage
Next upgrades in 2023 would be a Linn tonearm, new cartridge and some shelving for vinyl/CD's on that back wall.

Just be cautious and take time to ensure that’s the right decision. I tried a Naim Nova last summer, hoping for a single box solution, but it just didn’t work with my speakers, giving a thin sound with very very little bass. No way am I changing my ProAcs, so the NDX2 and Supernait 3 remained. It may be a different matter with the Hegel and other speakers of course.

Is that a ps Audio directstream!

Good spot, yes it is. :)

Innuos Zenith mk3 on top, PS Audio middle, Jeff Rowland Continuum 2 and a Sigma G2 at the bottom. I picked up a balanced mains transformer this morning and have been having a play with that in stead of the G2.

advertisement

Back