advertisement

Bloody Royal Mail

hifilover1979

Bigger than you...
I absolutely get what they were doing... But they knew they'd have the country by the short n curlies...

We're waiting on all sorts of mail and nothings arriving..

Watched the post with an absolute cart load going up & down our cul de sac and delivered to every house almost bar ours and next door :mad:

It must be like this country wide...

and the Government says that they (nurses, trains, civil servants, etc) can't be seen to win so they hold us all to ransom to try to establish the point. The truth is that nobody wins but the posties can't afford to lose this time for the future of the service.

I can accept a few records or whatever arriving late if it helps bring down this truly awful oligarch government and helps achieve some kind of equality. Everyone has the absolute right to withdraw labour. It is a basic human right.

I can accept a few records or whatever arriving late if it helps bring down this truly awful oligarch government and helps achieve some kind of equality. Everyone has the absolute right to withdraw labour. It is a basic human right.

Yup agree...

However were waiting on some important mail which we could do with ASAP..

Patience is wearing thin...

not had any post in weeks, even junk mail has dropped off.

Mates in the local who work for RM, think the whole lot is dead, both are thinking of walking away.

Corner shop bemoaning the fact he has hardly sold any Xmas cards compared to last year, now he is left with unsold stock. His customers just not bothering with buying and posting cards this year.

However were waiting on some important mail which we could do with ASAP..

The RM strikes have been pre-announced and well publicised. If something really is important or time-critical a next-day courier would be advisable, surely? That said it does seem that the RM is very backlogged at present, I’ve certainly had stuff arrive later than I’d expect for standard delivery plus lost strike days. That said, I’ve also had a couple of things arrive on strike days! I think they have been running some priority next-day services.

The RM strikes have been pre-announced and well publicised. If something really is important or time-critical a next-day courier would be advisable, surely? That said it does seem that the RM is very backlogged at present, I’ve certainly had stuff arrive later than I’d expect for standard delivery plus lost strike days. That said, I’ve also had a couple of things arrive on strike days! I think they have been running some priority next-day services.

Agree

But it's Bank mail we're waiting on. We can't control how they send their post.

We asked but there was no option etc

Agree

But it's Bank mail we're waiting on. We can't control how they send their post.

We asked but there was no option etc

It's an absolute PITA for a lot of people for sure. People like yourself are being put in a awkward spot. Businesses are losing money.

But to me the blame lies 100% with a clueless government who show no interest in compromise or negotiation.

Good Afternoon All,

Postie turned up at our place today and took the pre-booked Tracked 24hr eBay sold item - Kate didn't mention if anything was delivered but I imagine something would have been.

We posted Xmas cards as normal and they do seem to have gotten through although they all went First Class.....

Regards

Richard

Everyone knows there are post strikes so its a bit of an unreasonable prick who will kick up a fuss with a supplier....I've just taken delivery of some speaker labels that were posted from Sweden in November, it takes disruption like this to make you appreciate how good the service usually is.

not had any post in weeks, even junk mail has dropped off.

Mates in the local who work for RM, think the whole lot is dead, both are thinking of walking away.

Corner shop bemoaning the fact he has hardly sold any Xmas cards compared to last year, now he is left with unsold stock. His customers just not bothering with buying and posting cards this year.

yes tried to post 2 cards recently and letter box was so full i could barely get them in !!! hope they sort stuff out soon

Privatisation of Royal Mail is the fundamental problem.

Allowing other companies to win large volume mail contracts, but force RM to do the 'last mile' delivery (the resource costly part) was certainly more than a few nails in the coffin of an essential infrastructure provision.

Critical national infrastructure of all types should be in common ownership.

My regular courteous and friendly postman arrived this morning with our first post since before the pre Christmas strikes. We haven’t received all the Christmas cards we thought we would so far and there was indeed one he delivered today and a small eBay package I had bought too.
I asked if he had had a good Christmas and gave him £10. I also hoped that he had not suffered any abuse from other customers and he reluctantly said there had been some. I wished him well and good luck for the strikes as I fully support him and others with them I also suggested that the sooner we get this sc*m government out the better. He then wished myself and my wife (who he mentioned by first name) a Happy New Year.
Top bloke.

Privatisation of Royal Mail is the fundamental problem.

Allowing other companies to win large volume mail contracts, but force RM to do the 'last mile' delivery (the resource costly part) was certainly more than a few nails in the coffin of an essential infrastructure provision.

Critical national infrastructure of all types should be in common ownership.
Indeed! When I joined the GPO in 1963 at the induction course that I attended it was explained that the highly profitable telecoms side of the business funded the loss making postal service arm. It was explained at the time that such a universal high-quality postal service that the government mandated couldn't be achieved from the cost of stamps alone. Remember in those days we had two and sometimes 3 (in the Cities) deliveries 6 days a week. The first often arriving before many people left for work in the morning.

DV

I also suggested that the sooner we get this sc*m government out the better.

That scum should be gaoled, they knew the people had paid for many many
years that bought the premises that were the Post Offices and the RM sorting
buildings.

They should be returned right back into public ownership.

We are sending fewer letters & more parcels, I suppose the service has to change but privatisation hasn’t really worked. Another crappy Tory policy.

The only regular Mail I get is from my bank, I could go paperless but I am happy for them to incur more costs given the crappy interest rates etc.

advertisement

Back