advertisement

How does a Teddy ST60 sound?

topa

Sans CDPs
I‘m not a fan of Class D amps, nor of Naim for the matter, but an available s/h Teddy ST60 does appear intriguing.

Die hard Exposure fan here.
Would I like a ST60?

I had/have the ST60 for 10 years and it is a cracking amp for the money. I have only recently updated my amp to an Atoll IN300 which took me a while to choose as nothing else I tried was significantly better to make me want to change. They are hard to find these days.

I replaced a Naim 202 / 200 combo with TP PR1 and 2 MB 100s. They sound very different. There is so much more going on with the TP amps. There was a huge uplift in SQ when I made the change. I don’t think you can go wrong with the ST 60 so long as you’re not paying over the odds for it. If it’s not for you, I’m sure it’ll be easy to sell again.

The ST60 is a great amp. I run two in to active SBLs and they easily out-performed the Naim predecessors. Buy with confidence.

CHE

Would I like a ST60?

If anything need support in Israel, their customs are at best slow.
Speaking of experience selling an item to a guy in Israel, it took their customs months in handling - crazy and never again.

Not to worried about support, it looks pretty serviceable (locally) to me. Thanks for your input, still hesitant though….

If anything need support in Israel, their customs are at best slow.
Speaking of experience selling an item to a guy in Israel, it took their customs months in handling - crazy and never again.

FWIW There was a time a couple of years ago when customs here in Israel had a long queue but now it is much quicker, bought some bookshelf speakers from the uk half a year ago, received in less than 2 weeks.
Omer.

Last edited:
I had to send a power supply back to Teddy and it got stuck in customs in Israel. I let Teddy know and within a couple of days the PS was sorted and on its way back to me!

FWIW There was a time a couple of years ago when customs here in Israel had a long queue but now it is much quicker, bought some bookshelf speakers from the uk half a year ago, received in less than 2 weeks.
Omer.

Maybe UK have made a dedicated Brexit agreement with Israel ?
I shipped from EU to Israel and dare not try again.

advertisement

Back