advertisement

HiFi wishes for 2023

Alco

pfm Member
Hi guys,

Just wondering... do some of you have any new product wishes for the upcoming year, 2023 ? :)

Some might be just wishfull thinking, some might perhaps even become reality.
(it's always nice to have some wishes/dreams) :D

Here's my shortlist:

Rega dac in IO case/dimensions.
Rega P3 turntable in matt finish.
Naim shoebox Nait. (let's say 30-50watts, price around €1000,- that looks like say their DAC-V1. (without the display) Should be possible, but will probably never happen)

That's all for now folks.

Cheers,
Alco

I have been thinking of totally simplifying things for the next xx number of years, looking at the Lindemann Musicbook series, perhaps a Source II along with one of the Power 500/1000 series amps. I don't know, what I have has been making me a very happy listener for almost 5 years now, so why change it. Tempting though. Two boxes versus about 6 fairly small ones plus turntable....hmmmm.

In early 2023, I wish for the welcome return of the DENON DL-103D low output moving coil phono cartridge; the elliptical stylus version of the venerable DENON DL-103.

AND, if I get to choose, NOT with a white body like the original - as it looks pretty shabby after a few years of service - but perhaps with a black 103 body with a red stylus centreline to differentiate?

Oh, and same price as the DL-103 conical stylus version - with FREE global shipping from DENON DIRECT, to put all the copycats out of business.

Well, you asked… :D

Wish list, new amp and consequently, because my current amp includes my DAC, a new DAC. We are working towards moving house, so I doubt it will happen. Not particularly in a rush, system sounds great now, new Amp/DAC would just be icing on the cake.

Cheers BB

To get my pre-amp sorted....it's been back to Oz twice, once for a re-furb (caps and all necessary stuff renewed) and while it was there it was suggested to renew all the switching relays which control volume of both channels. The bugger still intermittently loses gain one one channel because of a duff relay. It's not the end of the world, but annoying. Fortunately my DAC works exceedingly well into the power amps perhaps making the whole process moot.

My wish would be to find a couple more valve amps to play with, sell some kit I have and get those Fortes just in the right place, I'm getting close now.

In early 2023, I wish for the welcome return of the DENON DL-103D low output moving coil phono cartridge; the elliptical stylus version of the venerable DENON DL-103.

AND, if I get to choose, NOT with a white body like the original - as it looks pretty shabby after a few years of service - but perhaps with a black 103 body with a red stylus centreline to differentiate?

Oh, and same price as the DL-103 conical stylus version - with FREE global shipping from DENON DIRECT, to put all the copycats out of business.

Well, you asked… :D
Oh, that could well be on the list. I had a DL-103R many years ago.

Gonna look up the price first though.

Saving up for the witch hat cables to connect my XPSDR and HCDR to their corresponding units and after that, start to look at the rack.

Personally - I genuinely can’t think of anything, except for a Yamaha HX-10000 to appear at a price I can afford!

However, industry-wise:, I’d like Santa to bring the world:

- An armless SL-150C turntable from Technics
- The full arm range on sale separately once more from SME
- Thorens to follow up the re-born TD-124 with a new TD-224
- A modern Leak 3090 from IAG.

Oh, and a Direkt Drive upgrade for the LP12 from Linn. ;)

I'm wishing for no wishes....I already possess good music-making equipment. It would be nuts to throw any more money at it.

A nice 2 to 3 seat sofa so I can sit down in front of the hi-fi (finally) with my feet up :eek:o_O:D

Also, a maybe, a Vinyl passion outer platter for my LP12.

Personally - I genuinely can’t think of anything, except for a Yamaha HX-10000 to appear at a price I can afford!

However, industry-wise:, I’d like Santa to bring the world:

Oh, and a Direkt Drive upgrade for the LP12 from Linn. ;)

It's Linn's 50th anniversary so who knows what idea they might come up with....

I’d be interested in hearing the Naim NSC 222 pictures of which were posted a month or so ago. Assuming it’s the fabled 272 replacement!?!? - or to be more accurate - pictures of the delivery box were posted!

advertisement

Back