advertisement

Quad Vena.

According to some people it would be a dramatic near-God experience to have relays in the Vena instead of 4066s in the 99 pre and similar Quad preamps.

Exactly the reason I picked one up ex-display, perfect for a second system.

Excellent vfm and very flexible only quibble I had was I found it hard to see the volume level from across the room.

Safety?

I’ve always been grateful for manufacturers that make where the volume level is set clear, the ability to gauge the level visually is infinitely more sensible than using a decibel level, for me anyway.
Don’t you find it annoying when the manufacturers put markers on the knobs or fascia if you find them redundant?

Hi, I have a Vena which I use with a 405-2 or a 303. Sounds great with either and an improvement over using it as an integrated as far as my and my wife's ears go (although I still think it's a good amp without). It all sounds a bit clearer with the ebb and flow of the music coming through better.

Hi all. Anyone any views on me adding a quad 99 using a Quad Vena as a preamp. What would that sound like? Thanks.

Have used one quite happily with a 405-2 ... not much travel with the volume knob though before it gets too much :(

Great amp on its own too - with plenty of options through the onboard DAC

I squeezed some white-tac into the groove on the volume knob - can now see for miles (and easy to remove if selling on)

Nice improvisation;)
It is a very well equipped amp for the price and I like the look of them, I can imagine adding a Quad power amplifier improved things quite a bit. I used the Vena 2 I had briefly with Neat stand mounts and while it did sound fine it could have done with a bit more oomph imo.

Used a Vena 1 with a QSP for a while with excellent results into ProAc 115, the QSP is one of the best power amps/£ I've had, it's the reason I bought the QMP Monos - ironically I did not like them one bit and took a bath selling them on.

I've now sold the Vena cos I had to stop the hoarding kicking off again, it is one of the best all round amps under a grand I've had.

advertisement

Back