advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: V Gone-ish!

I’d love to see him electorally defeated in his constituency. He’s probably calculated that with redrawn boundaries, he’s got a bigger supply of Tory moral imbeciles to vote for him.

Partygate: ministers accused of writing ‘blank cheque’ for Boris Johnson legal bills

Exclusive: Cabinet Office to extend contract with law firm to defend claims ex-PM misled parliament, sources say

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ng-blank-cheque-for-boris-johnson-legal-bills

Excerpt...

Chris Bryant, a Labour MP and chair of the standards committee, suggested Johnson could afford to pay his own legal bills and highlighted the money the former prime minister has made since leaving office, including a speech for which he charged £276,130.

“The government seems to have issued a blank cheque to Boris Johnson at a time when public finances are meant to be tight,” Bryant said. “Frankly, Boris Johnson can afford his own legal representation.”

That paragon of moral rectitude ( who obviously sees himself with a bishop’s mitre and crosier from the Middle Ages), The Very Reverend Rees Mogg, thinks Boris should never have been moved from office. This way we get two moral imbeciles for the price of one.

Johnson needs to be put in trial for malfeasance in public office. He thieved from Londoners to line the nest of one of his mistresses, attempted to get another one employed at the Foreign Office and lied through his teeth to parliament, the monarch and the public.

Ow7xjLx.jpg

A flood of bullingdon diatribe uttered via his despicable
cake hole, I have no doubt, it's his only style.

It's the favours from his period at No 10 or the FO they'll have more likely paid oh so handsomely for. He might be worth a couple of thou for a speech as long as Hislop and Merton were there to give the event real value.

The Tories have no use for human rights. The far-right never has done. No one should be in any doubt what this is.

14 warning signs of fascism:
  • Powerful and continuing nationalism
  • Disdain for human rights
  • Identification of enemies as a unifying cause
  • Supremacy of the military
  • Rampant sexism
  • Controlled mass media
  • Obsession with national security
  • Religion and government intertwined
  • Corporate power protected
  • Labor [sic] power suppressed
  • Disdain for intellectuals & the arts
  • Obsession with crime & punishment
  • Rampant cronyism & corruption
  • Fraudulent elections
Most are evident in both the UK Conservative Party and their US Republican counterparts. Some are even evident in Labour and the Democrats!

The Tories have no use for human rights. The far-right never has done. No one should be in any doubt what this is.

14 warning signs of fascism:
  • Powerful and continuing nationalism
  • Disdain for human rights
  • Identification of enemies as a unifying cause
  • Supremacy of the military
  • Rampant sexism
  • Controlled mass media
  • Obsession with national security
  • Religion and government intertwined
  • Corporate power protected
  • Labor [sic] power suppressed
  • Disdain for intellectuals & the arts
  • Obsession with crime & punishment
  • Rampant cronyism & corruption
  • Fraudulent elections
Most are evident in both the UK Conservative Party and their US Republican counterparts. Some are even evident in Labour and the Democrats!
The Greens, then ? I don’t know if they even exist in the US.

The Greens, then ? I don’t know if they even exist in the US.

The US system clearly needs reform. Gerrymandering and voter-suppression is rife and the system is stacked to the far-right due to the ‘Electoral College’ system dating back to the dark days of slavery. That said the Democrats are to my eyes vastly superior to the UK Labour Party and they would unquestionably have my vote were I to live in the USA. That said one should never be blind to current events and never follow anything blindly. The warning signs of fascism are a clear lesson from history and should be heeded. A very dark future beckons if we don’t purge this vile mindset from our societies.

Something malodorous this way comes…

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...r-zelenskiy-in-ukraine?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
“Boris Johnson is planning a trip to Ukraine to visit President Volodymyr Zelenskiy despite concern among senior Conservatives that the trip could undermine the authority of Rishi Sunak.
The former prime minster has told friends he intends to travel to Kyiv in the coming months to show his public support for the country against its Russian aggressors”.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...er-brexit-party-backer?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
“Boris Johnson has received a donation of £1m from a Thai-based British businessman who had previously given millions of pounds to Nigel Farage’s Brexit party, the newly released register of MPs’ interests has shown”.

….are we finally seeing the much trailered come back?

advertisement

Back