advertisement

Audiophile Network Switches for Streaming ... really ?

To quote MP, “I think she’s dead”. “No I’m not”.

Whatever goes on in the intervening weeks, in January I will be borrowing a Dela S100 switch modified by AfterDark and will be comparing it to my PhoenixNET both with and without the ADOT fibre link. Of course I had a brief listen when my friend came over with it and his Antipodes Oladra but this time it will be a bit more leisurely as I should have the switch for a couple of weeks. I will of course report back to this thread.
That reminds me, I’ve been trying out some new toilet roll and I really need to post a review. So far it’s been a one flush affair but I haven’t had a Vindaloo yet so I’ll give it a bit longer.

That reminds me, I’ve been trying out some new toilet roll and I really need to post a review. So far it’s been a one flush affair but I haven’t had a Vindaloo yet so I’ll give it a bit longer.

How eloquent, family must be proud.

Whatever goes on in the intervening weeks, in January I will be borrowing a Dela S100 switch modified by AfterDark and will be comparing it to my PhoenixNET both with and without the ADOT fibre link. Of course I had a brief listen when my friend came over with it and his Antipodes Oladra but this time it will be a bit more leisurely as I should have the switch for a couple of weeks. I will of course report back to this thread.
I’ll be interested in how you get on at least. Perhaps a new thread might be in order ;).

And record the audio with and without the switch in place?

Only joking :)

Enjoy the music.

I saw in another forum that decreasing the output level of a DAC would also lower the treble of said DAC and that a lower input to a preamp would force the preamp to compensate and thereby change its signature...whatever that is.
Similar claims are the theme of this thread in case some of you forgot. A DAC and preamp acting as a VCF.
Well if it's on the internet, it must be true!

We need graphs which prove this happens; no graphs, it didn't.:)

While it is, er, generous of you to share, I think this thread has demonstrably proven that reviews are worthless and only evidence counts.

On second thoughts, just post a review.

And likewise, he heard it with his own ears, so it must be true :)

Of course, why would you doubt another decent person?

If a person says they love their wife or their kids, I wouldn't need to question that nor would i need to see a graph for them to prove it to me. Just basic human decency really, take a person at their word and understand that my experience may vary.

I probably wouldn't love their wife or kids so my experience will be different.

Of course, why would you doubt another decent person?

If a person says they love their wife or their kids, I wouldn't need to question that nor would i need to see a graph for them to prove it to me. Just basic human decency really, take a person at their word and understand that my experience may vary.

I probably wouldn't love their wife or kids so my experience will be different.
So, it is dependent on the character now?

Funny, though no one wants to measure the change. One wonders how far scientific progression could have come on believing something true cos the chap was decent that said it...

"Be a decent chap and take your pill. Do you feel better? Yes?", mark that as a successful medical trial then...sheeezz...

And back on my ignore list...

So, it is dependent on the character now?

Funny, though no one wants to measure the change. One wonders how far scientific progression could have come on believing something true cos the chap was decent that said it...

"Be a decent chap and take your pill. Do you feel better? Yes?", mark that as a successful medical trial then...sheeezz...

And back on my ignore list...

You missed the point but I presume that was intended, and reverted back to your circular rhetoric.

Special, such a subjective term. Take a pill and feel special chap. Mark that as a successful medical trial. sheeeez...oh the irony...

Every thread is better with him on ignore.

On the other hand I have looked very hard to see what added value some posters have brought to the level of discussion in this thread and have failed to find any. I suppose it is eye of the beholder type stuff.

On other matters relevant to the thread, I see that Melco have brought out a new version of their S100 switch with an upgraded power supply and other things.

On other matters relevant to the thread, I see that Melco have brought out a new version of their S100 switch with an upgraded power supply and other things.

It must be really great - even the plastic bodied RJ45 connector is gold plated !! - like off of eBay luxury cables !!" :eek:

It must be really great - even the plastic bodied RJ45 connector is gold plated !! - like off of eBay luxury cables !!" :eek:

Well done on taking the time to look at the new switch but I see no gold plated connectors on the back of the new Melco S100 Mk2 switch.

Well done on taking the time to look at the new switch but I see no gold plated connectors on the back of the new Melco S100 Mk2 switch.

Priceless.

Screenshot_17.jpg

advertisement

Back