advertisement

Tory corruption & sleaze (lobbying, second jobs, dodgy contracts etc)

Unlikely to happen, however they’ll sanction you if you get a £100 overpayment in working tax credit.

The Disability News Service (DNS) has published a collection of stories highlighting the cruelty inflicted on disabled claimants by universal credit (UC).

One article covers the death of a disabled woman left traumatised by the daily demands of the UC system.

The DWP had been told of her mental distress, suicidal thoughts and fear of the department and the universal credit system, but this did not prevent them hounding her.

Rebecca (not her real name), took her own life just four days after being told she would need to attend a face-to-face meeting with a work coach.

Another article covers the struggles of disabled claimant Philip Manion who saw his income from UC cut from £1,260 to £500 a month because of a mistake by the DWP.

When he tried to attend a meeting about the issue, he was removed from the jobcentre by a gang of seven security guards because he was unable to log into his online journal from his mobile phone.

He was then recorded as having failed to attend the meeting and his UC was completely stopped.

Former nurse Shirley Rudolph spent 10 years caring for her husband and had been placed in the limited capability for work category due to generalised anxiety disorder.

In July Rudolph’s husband died and she told her work coach that she would be unable to attend a scheduled meeting because she was arranging her husband’s funeral.

The work coach expressed no sympathy whatsoever, delayed the appointment for just a week and sent Rudolph a job application to complete.

As a result, Rudolph ended her universal credit claim and is surviving on her NHS pension.

https://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/

The Disability News Service (DNS) has published a collection of stories highlighting the cruelty inflicted on disabled claimants by universal credit (UC).

Yep, I’m well aware of the qunts in the benefit services having used them on/off since 91, broken back twice - multiple appeals necessary to get benefits and help then developed serious mobility issues that came and went since late 90’s that was totally ignored by docs/consultant as they put it down to previous damage to my spinal cord - spent months at a time fighting them for benefits then I’d mysteriously recover and go back to work only to sink back down after a few months and fight yet again, eventually diagnosed in 2017 as all due to relapsing remitting ms that had progressed into advanced spms - in 2018 I was 24hrs away from going to court with my barrister, lawyers, consultant and physiotherapist to prove I needed help but the DWP caved at the last minute and accepted my claim for pip.

I ****ing absolutely detest them.

As a slight aside, that odious little hypocrite Gove is portraying himself as some sort of caring campaigning do gooder, over the shocking state of housing in 'Rochdale Borough Wide Housing' responsible for the death of a toddler from mould in his lungs.
The fact that Social Housing is now largely a for profit business as a DIRECT result of years of Tory anti public sector ideology, seems to have escaped Gove's tiny attention span.

I don't know if it belongs in this thread but I will put it hear anyway as it seems the most fitting.

I went to a job today in a building that supports mentally disabled people and it is one of the most despicable buildings I have seen. Having gone to school in the early 90s in buildings that should have been demolished in the 1970s that is saying something. If anyone has worked in former public or council buildings resembling cattle sheds built in the 40s/50s then you'll know precisely the type of building I mean. In fact we called one of our class rooms the cow shed and it reminded me of just that.

I didn't think there were any of these left and we're not talking a rural backwater here it was in a city centre. The sort of place with buckets everywhere to catch the leaks when it rains, where the staff have bought their own heaters in because it is warmer outside than inside.

How can this building still be here in 2022 supporting mentally disable people when we're giving £29m to Tory ****wits for provide shit PPE? No doubt all of this is the fault of striking rail workers, postal workers and nurses.

I'm glad I've got a few days off from today because I've had a belly full of this shit, I don't know what is worse - going to places like this or working people voting Tory.

I don't know if it belongs in this thread but I will put it hear anyway as it seems the most fitting.

I went to a job today in a building that supports mentally disabled people and it is one of the most despicable buildings I have seen. Having gone to school in the early 90s in buildings that should have been demolished in the 1970s that is saying something. If anyone has worked in former public or council buildings resembling cattle sheds built in the 40s/50s then you'll know precisely the type of building I mean. In fact we called one of our class rooms the cow shed and it reminded me of just that.

I didn't think there were any of these left and we're not talking a rural backwater here it was in a city centre. The sort of place with buckets everywhere to catch the leaks when it rains, where the staff have bought their own heaters in because it is warmer outside than inside.

How can this building still be here in 2022 supporting mentally disable people when we're giving £29m to Tory ****wits for provide shit PPE? No doubt all of this is the fault of striking rail workers, postal workers and nurses.

I'm glad I've got a few days off from today because I've had a belly full of this shit, I don't know what is worse - going to places like this or working people voting Tory.
Manchester still has several primary schools built in the 19th century.
I worked in one until retiring in 2002.
It is still a school.
When it rained water ran down the inside walls.
Meanwhile secondary schools built in the 1970s are being demolished and replaced!

This thread is so depressing it needs a diversion. If you are going to have PMs partying or dancing at least let them look like Finland PM Sanna Marin.
She might have replaced Jacinda as my favourite PM.
Shallow I know :)

Today’s Times reports that Will Wragg, deputy chair of the 22 committee, is standing down as an MP at the next election.

Crisp Websites, which trades as PestFix, had assets of just over £18,000 and 16 employees before the pandemic, but won contracts worth £344m.
It emerged in court proceedings challenging the government’s awarding of a PPE contract after Joe England, a PestFix director, contacted Steve Oldfield, then the chief commercial officer at the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), saying he was a friend of Oldfield’s father-in-law, and they had both met at his 80th birthday party. Oldfield passed on England’s email to Andy Flockhart, a Deloitte consultant who was seconded to the PPE team. Flockhart then sent an email: “One for the VIP list please.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-firm-nine-million-vip-lane-ppe-deal-pandemic

This government should be hanging it's head in shame, the way it's destroying the very fabric of our lives. They don't want any 'plan's to have any day in the way they live and work. It's Thatcher's ghost possessing the Tory cabinet.

I bet Zahawi has absolutely no shame. It’s his right to evade tax. In the same way Johnson has no shame that he freeloads off all and sundry. But then, it’s not really freeloading. It’s an investment (in what? we will never know) by the donors.

Work-shy parasite Britain Trump has been ringing-up his £4k+ meals in America on the UK tax payer (Twitter). He’s getting paid for a MP role he simply isn’t doing too.

Another Tory oligarch, Zadhim Zahawi, has been caught fiddling his taxes to the tune of £millions (Guardian).
Be fair. Zahawi says he didn’t benefit from his offshore trusts, so he can only have donated “several million” out of the kindness of his great big heart and his magnificent sense of fair play and decency.

advertisement

Back