advertisement

Rega event in Nottingham tomorrow

Shame it is not Friday, as I have a day off (on account of becoming a year older).

However, there are 3 reasons, as not far away is the Christmas market in the square, with lots of nice, fattening food...

For those attending…

Can you ask if Naim’s perpetual price rises and gentle haemorrhage of Naimees are allowing Rega a greater market share?

When will they release the Planars 4, 5, 7, 9 and models 11-77 (clear gaps in their product range) We haven’t enough choice for Rega turntables.

Finally, have Rega got frustrated yet by audiophiles always referring to their products as ‘musical’?

;)

;);)For those attending…

Can you ask if Naim’s perpetual price rises and gentle haemorrhage of Naimees are allowing Rega a greater market share?

When will they release the Planars 4, 5, 7, 9 and models 11-77 (clear gaps in their product range) We haven’t enough choice for Rega turntables.

Finally, have Rega got frustrated yet by audiophiles always referring to their products as ‘musical’?

;)
One more: when will they add tone controls?

;);)For those attending…

;)

I think Rega's greater market share is also possibly to be due to quality of product and affordability ;)

Planars 5, 7 & 9 have already been done and they did use 4 in the limited RP40 Anniversary Edition in 2013 :)

11-77 is covered with the Naiad and (possibly) an in between Reference that has been talked about :eek:

Some audiophiles get very frustrated by Rega's musicality :mad:

For those attending…

;)
I've noticed Roy Gandy using the word 'audiophile' as pejorative. According to him, there is but one 'audiophile' working at Rega; can't recall his name, but he too must have a good sense of humour.

For those attending…

;)
Planars 4, 5, 7, 9 are on hold. The 4 is, like the BMW range, reserved for a special slot in the range, while 7 and 9, like metric threads M7 and M9, are bastard sizes reserved for special applications like the clutch mounting screws on obscure no longer manufactured Rovers. The next time I need a record deck for an obscure Rover I will be straight on to Rega.

Plenty of companies don’t go near the number 4, ofc. Planars, NAITs, and so on.

#tetraphobia

The word 'four' when pronounced is Japanese sounds nearly identical to the word 'death' hence why many Japanese companies do not use 'four' and why some like 'Four Aces Cycles' (chopper builder) do deliberately use the word 'four'.

Had a run out and enjoyed an interesting chat with Jerry at Castle Sound & Vision. Seeing Nottingham Contemporary (the building) was also enjoyable and I entered the prize draw for a Planar 1.

Had a very enjoyable couple of hours chatting with Jerry - and a nice glass of wine too! Was very useful as I had not heard Rega Kit before and at least I found out it's not for me, but was able to hear the new Naim Uniti Atom, the sound of which may be a step in the right direction for where I a looking to take my system on it's last journey.....

The conversation centred mainly on my hifi journey, Rega product past and present and something that I'm sworn to secrecy. I thought the website had an update not so long back. Looks ok to me.

Had a very enjoyable couple of hours chatting with Jerry - and a nice glass of wine too! Was very useful as I had not heard Rega Kit before and at least I found out it's not for me, but was able to hear the new Naim Uniti Atom, the sound of which may be a step in the right direction for where I a looking to take my system on it's last journey.....

I have had an Atom for 3 years and it's a blinder. Typical entry point Naim product that makes you question why you would want more in a typical lounge in the UK.

I also have it being fed by a P6 for vinyl duties...

Thanks Jono, I thought so too at the price so it's definitely on my shortlist as it's time to downsize the number of boxes but come more up to date streaming wise. Just going through all the others on the market to see what else is worth considering.....

advertisement

Back