advertisement

Source turntable and arm

Wow.. what a shame it's in such a bad state. It looks as though the tonearm has been painted black, why on earth would you do that. As for the turntable itself, from memory, i believe it was considered a better turntable than the LP12, but the LP12 took off and sold loads while the Source dwindled by comparison.

Yes, the Odyssey RP1-XG is trashed by the look of what you can see of it, the pivots and bearing assembly look to be broken beyond repair although John Gordon (the Odyssey designer) is a very helpful guy so you never know. If anyone here happens to buy it and wants to part it out for spares, I may be interested in the tonearm counterweights and counterweight rider, also possibly the tonearm baseplate although I am not certain that would fit my one.

I put in a couple of bids, just for the arm, but outbid. The arm may look bad, but it appears to be complete,and I could fix it.

I listened to one of these back in the day when I had a Lingo'd fully up to spec LP12/Ekos/Arkiv... it toasted my LP12 frankly but I never got to buy one before they became no more.

It eventually went for £466 so somebody wanted it. Good luck to them. Bet it surprised the seller!

Surprising final price, but the arm looked fixable, and despite lack of apparent psu and accessories the tt also looked liked it could be refurbished. The arm is a great performer, I like mine.

Christ, I'd have been all over that if I'd have spotted it. Eminently salvageable as far as I'm concerned.

And a power supply is not impossible to make. If I had wanted the deck too I would have kept bidding, but I have one of each drive system, belt, direct and idler.

advertisement

Back