advertisement

Upgrading the DAC

I'v had R26 for some months now. It's OK and replaced a SBT with a Quad USB DAC, one box instead of four. Works fine with LMS through UPnP.
I ran it NOS for some time but felt it was a little in the face and switched to slow OS mode. Suited me better. Difference marginal, though, as with most digital gadgets.
Just wish it would be possible to remove or switch off all other things I don't need. Will pitch it against my trusty SBT and use the second SBT as streamer to compare. Some day soon.

I'v had R26 for some months now. It's OK and replaced a SBT with a Quad USB DAC, one box instead of four. Works fine with LMS through UPnP.
I ran it NOS for some time but felt it was a little in the face and switched to slow OS mode. Suited me better. Difference marginal, though, as with most digital gadgets.
Just wish it would be possible to remove or switch off all other things I don't need. Will pitch it against my trusty SBT and use the second SBT as streamer to compare. Some day soon.
Sorry, but could you tell me what SBT stands for?

So the R26 has been installed for the last 4 days and impressions are very good. It took a few hours to settle down and the HF was a bit grainy and the LF extension not great but after around 30 hours or so things smoothed out nicely. It is head and shoulders above the CA 200M that it replaced (IMHO not a great DAC). Soundstage is widened and the presentation is musical, smooth but also detailed plus the LF has come on-song. I'm feeding it with an iFi Zen Stream with linear PSU and a Wyred4Sound Recovery. I don't have Roon haven't tried the onboard streamer yet.
I can only compare it with the 200M and the 100M that preceded it, but am very very happy with it.

advertisement

Back