advertisement

Croft Line Integrated

The version without the phono stage. Any good? What is the sound character like?

Cheers.

S.

Did you ever get the Croft in the end? As I mentioned earlier I have the 25/7 and that cannot be beaten for the money by anything (that I have heard around that price range anyway - I have heard the Rega Elicit in my system as a loaner from a friendly local dealer - and in my opinion it doesn't touch the Croft).

Did you ever get the Croft in the end? As I mentioned earlier I have the 25/7 and that cannot be beaten for the money by anything (that I have heard around that price range anyway - I have heard the Rega Elicit in my system as a loaner from a friendly local dealer - and in my opinion it doesn't touch the Croft).

Haven't really decided yet. Not in any rush to buy anyway. Happy to wait a few years or so.

S.

Further to my previous comment this is an Interesting product and I guess fairly priced for a true made in the UK amplifier by one (?) man but dual volume controls and no remote ... Sounds like a lot of work every time a level change is required?

Further to my previous comment this is an Interesting product and I guess fairly priced for a true made in the UK amplifier by one (?) man but dual volume controls and no remote ... Sounds like a lot of work every time a level change is required?

Yes ... I would personally (and I'm going to probably do this myself) - send the preamp to Deco Audio who can fit a remote volume control on the Croft. Once that's done you have both performance and convenience.

I will add that changing the level using two pots isn't as much as a pain as you think - however from my point of view having a remote volume option on my favourite sounding amp is becoming more of a pressing want for me. When Deco convert to an r/c they replace the two pots with the one Alps pot.

Hi. It is easy, you just reach out and turn ... and they are a cool aluminium not plastic which surprises some people at this price. The Croft amplifiers are wonderful and I've come late to the party ...

I have all the Croft range in stock, some has been on show but never used and some is new/sealed and this includes an Integrated-r with full warranty.

If interested please contact Radlett Audio by e-mail.

Actually it was just John Atkinson complaining about the measurements with Art Dudley, Stephen Mejias and Sam Tellig raving about the sound. Atkinson never listened to it that I am aware of.
I know a popular website JA could review for.

I have recently taken delivery of a (new) Croft Integrated Phono.
My thanks to Dave at Radlett Audio who was wonderfully helpful to me.
I really don’t have the ability to describe what I’m hearing in the same way as many others do, all I can say at the moment is that the amp is a definite step up from my Brio in several areas. That said, I’ve been very happy with the Brio since I bought it a couple of years ago. Sad that I’ve got to let it go as it would be wasted in my 2nd system.
My new amp is running a pair of re-capped Ditton 44s with apparent ease.
I’m going to swap my speakers around and have it driving my Castle Avons and I anticipate no issues.

advertisement

Back