advertisement

world cup 2022

To his credit David Beckham was quite vocal in his criticism of FIFA and Qatar when the decision was made way back when.

Trousering £10m to do PR for Qatar seems to have changed his mind.

Apparently 150 million over ten years. And they'll stiff him on the rest once the World Cup's over because they'll have got what they wanted by then. Trashed his reputation and credibility. Never been the brightest, though.

I suspect nearly all of the regimes in the Middle East are less than wholesome by western standards. It seems to me a better time to make objections was prior to the decision being made of where to award the 2022 WC which was about eight years ago.

People have been raising objections ever since Qatar was mooted, it's hardly new. But now is a great time to object because it's all in the spotlight.

To his credit David Beckham was quite vocal in his criticism of FIFA and Qatar when the decision was made way back when.

Trousering £10m to do PR for Qatar seems to have changed his mind.

Surely, someone like David Beckham would have an agent to advise him on such matters? Perhaps he did, and it was a case of take a bit of flack, it won't last long and you'll trouser a £150m :cool:

The agent gets a cut...without the flak of course...wonder what the advice would be..?

You missed out the 5 in the middle - it's £150m.
He did deliver something as a footballer, and yes, he was definitely an intelligent man when placed on a pitch. I prefer to see the money in his pockets rather than in those of another corrupt knobhead at FIFA.

Donating money is often good for tax reasons, so if even a small part of the amount goes to those in need, then why not.

Did anyone watch BBC News this morning? There was a report on the finishing touches to the WC infrastructure - which seem nowhere near finished - including a quite amazing insight into a tent city that reminds me of a refugee camp; plastic tents, fans pushing warm air around, brown water, padlock security for your belongings. People paid big money for that.

Seems for all the money ploughed into this WC, the little people have been discounted - most sickeningly the migrant workers who built and died for this tournament, but also the people who have scraped together their hard earned to live in a tent for the duration.

advertisement

Back