advertisement

Peter Gabriel - new album confirmed

tiggers

pfm Member
A day I thought I would never see.... Peter Gabriel has confirmed a new album called i/o and a tour to support it in mid 2023. I am so excited, like a kid in a sweetshop :D Loved Gabriel's music all my music listening life (including his time in the proper Genesis line up), he's a cut above most other rock musicians for me, much like Kate Bush. I probably dip into his music at least once a week and Peter Gabriel III and IV are, IMO, two of the finest albums ever recorded. I never tire of them. Can't wait for this and will be seeing him live too... again :D

Given the every increasing time gaps between albums and tours I suspect this might be the last of both. Tickets bought.

I saw him in Dublin a few years back....he's playing there again but alas I'm in China! If you can get to Dubs I'd sugest it's a much better venue than That London.....there are no truly awful seats in the 3 Arena Dublin.

Tickets are a bit pricey but not many people are quite as worth going to see! I'm booked for Manchester as well based on the mailing list presale.

Last edited:
Booked for Manchester, there were plenty of tickets for £65, doesn't seem exorbitant. I got best available which were £130, but that's because I virtually worship him :D

I was tempted by the London concert but won't go as the acoustics at The O2 are appalling. I've been to two concerts there and neither was enjoyable. It's the venue I object to not really the cost

Last edited:
I was tempted by the London concert but won't go as the acoustics at The O2 are appalling. I've been to two concerts there and neither was enjoyable. It's venue I object to not really the cost

Completely agree, the only venue to make rock bands sound lifeless.

Am hoping he does a US tour afterwards, have seen him live 3 times, first in at Bath uni in I think 1980 (Melt), then San Diego in 2002 (Growing Up) tour and finally the Front Side Back tour in 2012 at the Hollywood Bowl. All were awesome concerts.

Am hoping he does a US tour afterwards, have seen him live 3 times, first in at Bath uni in I think 1980 (Melt), then San Diego in 2002 (Growing Up) tour and finally the Front Side Back tour in 2012 at the Hollywood Bowl. All were awesome concerts.
He is announcing US dates in the near future.

advertisement

Back