advertisement

Innuos Sense app and V2.2.0 update

To the OP. Consider doing your best to get to know sense app as best you can over a few days. Maybe then contact Innuos by email with your specific concerns. You can request for them to log on remotely and deal with these issues there and then.

They have already offered that. See my earlier post.
And the specific concerns I have will not go away; Sense is much slower, and won't do the same things, as they have already admitted.

Sigh.

I’m really pleased you can scroll your entire music collection in 1 second. I’m afraid I don’t find that credible or relevant. I doubt anyone with human eyes could locate where they need to be in 1 second with a music collection the size you previously described. Your eyes cannot focus that fast. Criticising software for not moving at a speed faster than the human eye can see to focus. The average foveation time for a stationary object is about 190ms. It increases with the speed of any moving any object you’re trying to view. So, to be blunt, I call BS at this point.
Are you deliberately misunderstanding what I am saying? Or just a bit dim? To be blunt.
Anyone who can't or won't understand my point is welcome to stop posting here. At least Innuos are willing to help me get what I want from their product, rather than insult me and try to demonstrate their superiority.
I expected better here, but I guess from reading the political and football posts, I shouldn't be surprised.

Are you deliberately misunderstanding what I am saying? Or just a bit dim? To be blunt.
Anyone who can't or won't understand my point is welcome to stop posting here. At least Innuos are willing to help me get what I want from their product, rather than insult me and try to demonstrate their superiority.
I expected better here, but I guess from reading the political and football posts, I shouldn't be surprised.

The only one offering insults here is yourself. Innuos will certainly listen to new feature requests. They won’t listen to nonsense though and your scrolling post is palpable, demonstrable nonsense.

The only one offering insults here is yourself. Innuos will certainly listen to new feature requests. They won’t listen to nonsense though and your scrolling post is palpable, demonstrable nonsense.
So this isn't an insult? "So, to be blunt, I call BS at this point." If you can't take it, don't give it.
As for scrolling, I guess you haven't actually tried both apps, as I have. Orange Squeeze is faster and gets me where I want. Demonstrably. Trying to tell me I shouldn't want it is just arrogant.
As for the BS about speed of vision, blah blah, in 1 second I can see and respond to the letters of the alphabet which race down the side of the screen as I fast scroll. You obviously haven't tried it yourself, or you wouldn't spout such pseudo scientific nonsense. Try it for yourself. If you can't, then stop trying to be clever.
Connectivity; I know what it is, but in this context, as I asked? Ethernet cable to router, and my wifi has no problems with anything else in this house.

Once again, the dude likes his Orange app. That’s just the way it is, for reasons he has explained. The Sense app is no doubt just fine too, but not in the way the OP wants. I can’t see that anybody on this forum can resolve that, so maybe just leave it at that before more pointless arguments ensue, it seems unseemly to me for our generally like-minded community to descend to pointless squabbles. Even if we do pretty much every day!

Once again, the dude likes his Orange app. That’s just the way it is, for reasons he has explained. The Sense app is no doubt just fine too, but not in the way the OP wants. I can’t see that anybody on this forum can resolve that, so maybe just leave it at that before more pointless arguments ensue, it seems unseemly to me for our generally like-minded community to descend to pointless squabbles. Even if we do pretty much every day!
^^^^^^^^^^

So this isn't an insult? "So, to be blunt, I call BS at this point." If you can't take it, don't give it.
As for scrolling, I guess you haven't actually tried both apps, as I have. Orange Squeeze is faster and gets me where I want. Demonstrably. Trying to tell me I shouldn't want it is just arrogant.
As for the BS about speed of vision, blah blah, in 1 second I can see and respond to the letters of the alphabet which race down the side of the screen as I fast scroll. You obviously haven't tried it yourself, or you wouldn't spout such pseudo scientific nonsense. Try it for yourself. If you can't, then stop trying to be clever.
Connectivity; I know what it is, but in this context, as I asked? Ethernet cable to router, and my wifi has no problems with anything else in this house.

I did indeed call BS on the point. I don’t consider it an insult because my explanation as to why was clearly laid out. Your responses are a tad hysterical at this point in that you’re entering straw man territory by arguing against things that demonstrably have not been said.

At no point have I told you what you ought to want. What I explicitly said was that your description of the speed you achieve is impossible. You refer to this as “pseudo scientific nonsense”.

This is, I must admit, the first time I’ve seen basic optometry described as a pseudo science. I strongly suggest you look up the term “fovea” and then “foveation time”. The speed at which the human eye can fixate and focus is measurable. It has been measured endlessly and the results are publicly available; well known and wholly accepted. What you describe is scientifically impossible. If I’m wrong you are welcome to post 2 videos of you performing said task on Orange Squeeze and Sense so we can see this scientific breakthrough for ourselves.

Suggesting I’m “trying to be clever” looks a tad silly in this context. Not dissimilar to your absolutely definitive statement about round album covers that turned out to be 100% inaccurate.

It is not uncommon to read about people who have purchased streaming devices for several thousand coins only to express disappointment with the app. That’s often balanced and legitimate. That doesn’t really appear to be the case here. Sorry.

For what? You might want to read your own posts back and then time your video. You also didn’t select an album.

Video of Sense?

Fascinating mix of other videos by the way. Some intriguing kit there.

Good grief. Are you trying to joke your way out of the hole you dug? It was slow as I was trying to video it at the same time. Wow, it took a whole 3 seconds to go down and back up! And I could see exactly where I was all the time. You have called me a liar and used some BS scientific explanation as to why I couldn't do what I have just done, and don't have the decency to admit you were wrong.

In Orange Squeeze I can do it in about 1 second,

Absolutely no apology will be forthcoming. You’ve posted a video showing definitively that you cannot do what you claimed to be able to do. Bravo.

Innuos are going to love dealing with you.

Once again. Bye. Added you to my ignore list so you’ll have at least 1 less thing to stress about.

Updated Zen mini Mk3 yesterday, to 2.2.4. Never noticed with any previous updates, but Im sure the sound is "better"! Is that even possible?

Steve

Ooh, I'll need to do the same. It's very possible - the first few updates after the 2.0 release brought reported sound improvements. But most of the later ones have been sorting out glitches or adding requested functionality.

Updated Zen mini Mk3 yesterday, to 2.2.4. Never noticed with any previous updates, but Im sure the sound is "better"! Is that even possible?

Steve
Thanks for the heads up - I'll have a listen later.
I certainly noticed an all round sound improvement during the first few updates - either that or it's my 66 year old ears playing tricks on me.;)

I haven't noticed sound improvements attributable to the updates, but I have just changed my DAC, which sounds better to me. So it may be one or both.
Still waiting for a time for the remote session.

advertisement

Back