advertisement

Tory leadership failure Part V: Rishi ‘Infosys’ Sunak

I agree, but Labour have to be very careful because whatever is said the Tories will either steal Labour's policies, or the Tory press will twist it into 'Starmer in Tax and Spend Bombshell Shock Horror Probe Sensation..'

Despite the Pantomime, the real issue remains the political ignorance of huge numbers of UK voters.
Millions gave no thought to the likely consequences of giving Johnson..and more to the point, his backers, a huge majority.

Millions are still too stupid to grasp what they did and still insist that Johnson was stabbed in the back. Meanwhile theTory Right is still in power, Brexit isn't 'dun', the economy is ruined, public services are ruined, etc...blah. .
And millions still employ the most vacuously astounding justification for continuing to support the Tories, because, based on zero evidence 'Labour would be worse ..'

I despair ....I really do ....
I think people are beginning to catch on now. Just look at the polls and they won’t get any better. Don’t be too despondent.

Just look at Tory party history! If they could bring back colonialism, slavery and workhouses they would. This is the party of elite class warriors and has never been anything else. Same with their US Republican Party counterparts who have never for a second moved beyond being butthurt about the abolition of slavery. The political right absolutely hate the idea of civil rights, progressive taxation and state services. They exist to dismantle these things.

The Democrats were actually more tolerant to slavery than the Republicans whilst it was still an issue as they had to retain favour with the agricultural base in the south. Although both parties have transformed into very different beasts since then

Well done Rishi for becoming something I never thought I'd see in my lifetime, a uk prime minister who isn't white.
And that's coming from an independence supporting Scotsman who'd never dream of voting for the Tories. Quite a big day in my book.

Totally agree and you have to give the tories credit for three women PMs and a Hindu PM but they, the tories, are a bunch of cynical bastards so they gave the premiership to two women who effed up then they’ve given it to a brown guy with very limited experience as an MP and the youngest PM in 200 years and during the worst Tory government in my lifetime and, yes, including thatcher, with a deeply divided party whose electorate rejected the same guy less than two months ago, they’ve clearly set him up to fail and some old white fart will ride to the rescue no doubt.

He isn't batshit crazy. Which is good enough for my now significantly recalibrated expectations for our political leaders. I just hope he doesn't people his cabinet with mental culture warriors.

So far, he hasn't gone too mental on immigration and woke to gain favour with the xenophobic pensioners that make up most of their membership.

I think people are beginning to catch on now. Just look at the polls and they won’t get any better. Don’t be too despondent.
Problem is, it will get better because the Tory’s will find loadsamoney to buy dangly carrots to hang in front of the electorate donkeys.

I just watched his speech, I nearly vomited as much as I used to vomit when Blair spoke. People don't sound much less sincere than that.

He sounds slightly retarded too. It's all downhill from here.

It’s a tough one Mull, Steptoe’s testicle was not votable and Captain Hindsight looks to be cut from the same cloth as the current succession of failures. If ever a leader of the opposition was given a platform to look like a great statesman given he emerged through 2020 onwards… I expect some great politicians who were stuck in that role are turning in their grave at the way those two have squandered it.

It says a lot though that he feels he has to joke about the colour of his skin, to appeal to the Tory base. Just awful:

The language patterns and the body language were very revealing and I’m not just talking about the vox pops ( polling among Tory voters put Starmer ahead of Sunak) I’m talking about Tory politicians like IDS struggling to find a form of words. We are about to see just how invested in othering the Tory Party really is. This thing is going to blow up.

A robot scanning an autocue and reciting a string of cliches .....

Exactly the kind of mediocre performance that killed Iain Duncan-Smith's Tory leadership.
Right, he is shockingly bad. He seems kind of dumb. Starmer will kill him on PMQs. Can't wait to see it.

Right, he is shockingly bad. He seems kind of dumb. Starmer will kill him on PMQs. Can't wait to see it.
Out of interest, why can’t you wait to see Starmer kill him at PMQs? Are you a Labour supporter? BTW he didn’t have dual screen autocue, only one to read his acceptance speech from.

I just watched his speech, I nearly vomited as much as I used to vomit when Blair spoke. People don't sound much less sincere than that.

He looks and sounds to me like that 6th form swot who got appointed prefect as he ticked all the right boxes / no reason not to appoint him - but whom nobody (not even the teachers) like..

Bloody hell, he's grim. Is that what too much money does to you? Fair play to him though, at least he admitted; "I owe this country so much.." Maybe he's going to re-submit his tax return?

advertisement

Back