advertisement

The Premiership of Mary Elizabeth Truss.Sept 2022 - Oct 2022

Miriam Cates the Tory ‘red wall’ Yorkshire MP, Braverman anti-immigration supporter and 1922 Committee member has just said the economic crisis wasn’t created by the mini-budget but by circumstances going back 30 years. That’ll be the last Thatcher government, well done for a rare moment of insight from a right wing Tory. She’ll be hoofed at the GE.

The Tories are a dysfunctional farce. The next PM will probably last hours before being forced to resign. Then the next one minutes.

<moderating>

Given Liz Truss has over the past year fallen even further into batshit crazy conspiracy theory and Steve Bannon full-on fascism I’ve reopened her thread and merged-in a recent one.

She’s obviously been covered at length on the Rise Of The Far Right thread, which is terrifying yet essential reading, but we may as well keep general comments regarding her increased radicalisation in one place, and this is that place.

PS Here’s a useful primer on the Dunning-Kruger effect, just in case anyone needs it.

I did look for ye olde Truss thread Tony, but cud'nae find it.

Truss may be sooper with a spreadsheety-thing, but dumb as a box of rocks as a merchant of politics. Easy pickings for the string-pullers holding her vacuity and vanity hostage (to fortune and a splash in Vanity Fair mag). Just like Lee ['to oblivion, and beyond' Buzz Yesteryear] Anderson, I'm convinced she just has absolutely no idea of the disturbing and long-lasting ramifications in the ideas she posits, proposals she regurgitates. Hence, the perfect stooge for the neo-fascist disaster capitalist/religious nut-job cabal that managed to shoe-horn her into No.10.

John

Throwing her out of the Party might actually raise Sunak’s currency. She’d make an excellent human sacrifice in the current miserable economic climate. “ It was all Truss’s doing, now the party is acknowledging public anger, forward with Rishi!”.

In the US at CPAC (Conservative Political Action Conference) spewing her right wing rubbish again:

So cringeworthy, she must think she can get to the top again.

Farage was there as well and she's looking forward to becoming Trump's best English mate.

advertisement

Back