advertisement

The Premiership of Mary Elizabeth Truss.Sept 2022 - Oct 2022

Speaking as an ex-teacher and Trade Union caseworker sorting out, amongst other things, member pensions and redundancies, this is a long way from my experience.

Not sure how actuaries exploit pensions as the accrual rate is clearly stipulated

Boris and Liss Truss have creamed it.

Any evidence of workers being promoted into defunct positions to exploit the system? If there were vacancies in the soon to be defunct position, how would that save redundancy payments? If the person was in danger of redundancy before being promoted, how did promoting the person at risk save on redundancy payments? Part of any redundancy process is to find other positions to avoid redundancy, so finding another position is just part of the process, not exploitation.

This is going to be a bit like writing down how to tie a shoe lace so if I fail miserably then I'll apologise now. Position A is currently occupied by employee B. Management want to cull position A sometime in the near to medium term (whether as a means of reducing workforce or the position is truly redundant). B is leaving post A for whatever reason, if they fill that post with employee C or recruit X from outside with years of work life left then when it comes to culling post A they either have to make redundant C/X or redeploy. If they don't want to do either then they could promote employee D who is due to retire roughly when they want the post A to disappear. Outcome for employer at conclusion of process-no redundancy payment from current expenditure, one less salary to pay from current expenditure, increased pension payout for employee D but that doesn't come from current expenditure budget anyway. Less chance of arguing with TU whether post is not redundant as no trade Union member directly affected, D won't be complaining because....... Outcome for employee D- final salary increases thus leading to inflated pension payout. Evidence? As I said, it's anecdotal but then it would be wouldn't it?

Sorry to everyone else who wanted to discuss Truss.

This is going to be a bit like writing down how to tie a shoe lace so if I fail miserably then I'll apologise now. Position A is currently occupied by employee B. Management want to cull position A sometime in the near to medium term (whether as a means of reducing workforce or the position is truly redundant). B is leaving post A for whatever reason, if they fill that post with employee C or recruit X from outside with years of work life left then when it comes to culling post A they either have to make redundant C/X or redeploy. If they don't want to do either then they could promote employee D who is due to retire roughly when they want the post A to disappear. Outcome for employer at conclusion of process-no redundancy payment from current expenditure, one less salary to pay from current expenditure, increased pension payout for employee D but that doesn't come from current expenditure budget anyway. Less chance of arguing with TU whether post is not redundant as no trade Union member directly affected, D won't be complaining because....... Outcome for employee D- final salary increases thus leading to inflated pension payout. Evidence? As I said, it's anecdotal but then it would be wouldn't it?

Sorry to everyone else who wanted to discuss Truss.
That happened a lot?

Apparently 100 tory mps have sent letters of no confidence in truss to the 1922 committee, I knew there was a reason why she was effectively removed on Friday night.

They are starting to go public now too, here’s a letter asking Truss to stand down from Jamie Wallace MP (Twitter). No way will Truss see the week out now. In fact I’d not be surprised if she resigns tomorrow.

PS Obviously anyone in a Tory seat needs to write to their MP demanding that they give Truss their full support. The longer she remains the more lasting damage is done to her party. We must not allow these poisonous shits to regroup and rebuild. They need ending.

They are starting to go public now too, here’s a letter asking Truss to stand down from Jamie Wallace MP (Twitter). No way will Truss see the week out now. In fact I’d not be surprised if she resigns tomorrow.

PS Obviously anyone in a Tory seat needs to write to their MP demanding that they give Truss their full support. The longer she remains the more lasting damage is done to her party. We must not allow these poisonous shits to regroup and rebuild. They need ending.

Aye they're emboldened cause they know that she's finished.

Tell you something though when the tories eff up they eff up big time.

I've never seen anything like this before, the shortest time in office for a chancellor who didn't die in office and the shortest term of office for a PM who didnt die in office, she has nearly equalled Pope John Paul the first for the shortest time in office of a senior public figure, 33 days for him but he died in office or was murdered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_John_Paul_I

KS234 Would you be trying to discredit my argument by deliberately ignoring my provisos. That's beneath you.
Beneath me? Your provisos came in later, you started off questioning the vindictiveness of saying teachers, civil servants and NHS people were undeserving and living off the hard work of others by suggesting that DB pensions were exploited. I was merely exploring that assertion.

Anyway, back to Liz Truss….

"A poll by Opinium for the Trades Union Congress using the MRP method to estimate constituency-level results, projected a 1997-style landslide for Labour, with the party winning 411 seats.

It suggests the Conservatives would lose 219 seats to end up on 137, with the Liberal Democrats on 39 seats and SNP on 37, with 10 cabinet ministers including Jeremy Hunt, Jacob Rees-Mogg, and Thérèse Coffey losing their seats in a general election, along with former prime minister Boris Johnson."

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...even-allies-say-she-could-have-only-days-left

Oh, yes please. Let's hope they did it. This is what we need to see next week. Health Secretary arrested. Police discover she's got a shed full of dangerous, out-of-date drugs that she's been dishing out to all and sundry. Including to a certain Mr K before a certain funeral...

Dr Julia Grace Patterson@JujuliaGrace
"Chatting to a lot of doctors right now about whether we should report Therese Coffey to the police…"

TBH I may just do that for the lols, he is a twat of the highest order anyway so it would be interesting to see his PA's response to that.

advertisement

Back