advertisement

Rogers LS3/5A

Why don’t you buy the Mofi version made by Falcon? Has to be a better bet for the money. Assuming you’re in the states.

That was a limited offer, they're all gone now. Falcon themselves now sell a similar black model, but badged "Falcon" instead of "MoFi".

These are the one's I have my eye on:

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649899696-falcon-ls35a-gold-badge-walnut/

But then again, maybe this whole thing is getting a bit out of hand?:rolleyes:

D1-AB4-CD0-200-E-4-F27-9-DCC-A02159-CA206-A.jpg

Ah ok thanks Tony. That's helpful. As for being "better", I try not to use terms like that. For me different pieces of gear can all be appealing even with different presentations. I wouldn't want the LS3's to be identical sounding to the 149's, and that you indicate that they're different is very much a positive. I have my 149's on top of a pair of Allison One speakers at this time, very close to the front wall(The Allison's required placement is against, or as close to the wall as possible). It certainly wouldn't be difficult to put the LS3's out in the room. They'll take a lot less space then most of my collection of speakers do currently.

Yes I realize that buying new( or at least something used that is not old) is probably the safest thing I can do. And I am leaning towards the Falcons. They're $2600 USD, shipping included. The only issue for me is that they have to cross the country to get here, which means that they will be at the mercy of the rough handling of the shipping service. If they were local at that price I'd already own them.

My pair made it all the way from England to Idaho with no trouble at all.

Why don’t you buy the Mofi version made by Falcon? Has to be a better bet for the money. Assuming you’re in the states.
Agree, just get the MoFi - they're still in stock in the US (on the MoFi website). Unless you're a collector (don't know why anybody in their right mind would do this) get the new MoFo/Falcon LS3/5As.

Agree, just get the MoFi - they're still in stock in the US (on the MoFi website). Unless you're a collector (don't know why anybody in their right mind would do this) get the new MoFo/Falcon LS3/5As.

I don't see them on the MoFi website, but the Falcon Silver's Black Ash have been reissued under Falcon badging. Price ain't bad, although for a few hundred more I could get a pair of used Gold's. https://falconspeakers.com/products/falcon-ls35a-silver-badge-loudspeakers

‘sktn77a’ mentioned not understanding LS3/5A Collectors.
The closest I got to understanding it was talking to one of our ( I worked in Oxford Chemistry ) Research Workers,
who had spent time in the Far East.
He told me the collecting culture was somewhat different to the UK.
People who collected things, be they cameras, toy cars, etc. had to have everything from the maker.
Every model they made.
So it makes some sort of sense that the LS3/5A Collectors want models from every maker.

advertisement

Back