advertisement

Ukraine V

Who knows? He says himself he is just describing one possibility. He is generally a pretty sober minded analyst. And maybe a bit of optimism is important in continuing to galvanise support for Ukraine. Putinism feeds on pessimism.

I wonder what's happening in Belarus? Lukashenko is totally dependent on Russia's continued backing and military intervention to stay in power. If he tries to send Belarus troops into Ukraine, what will he and the Russians do if large scale civil unrest breaks out again? It could be the end for Lukashenko, and indirectly, for Putin.

Who knows? He says himself he is just describing one possibility. He is generally a pretty sober minded analyst. And maybe a bit of optimism is important in continuing to galvanise support for Ukraine. Putinism feeds on pessimism.
He is too optimistic about that war is close to ending. Putin will rebuild units during winter and will start attack again even if is forced to retreat for now. Mood in public for support is still in favor, even if they do not want to do it by themselves. Will see what changes during winter.

I wonder what's happening in Belarus? Lukashenko is totally dependent on Russia's continued backing and military intervention to stay in power. If he tries to send Belarus troops into Ukraine, what will he and the Russians do if large scale civil unrest breaks out again? It could be the end for Lukashenko, and indirectly, for Putin.
Belarus preparing infrastructure for newly mobilised Russian units, possible about 20 000. Maybe Belarus will not participate with its own army, but it is possible that their territory will be used again by Russian army for attack on Ukraine.

Belarus preparing infrastructure for newly mobilised Russian units, possible about 20 000. Maybe Belarus will not participate with its own army, but it is possible that their territory will be used again by Russian army for attack on Ukraine.
One really good thought is what will happen to Luka 5 mins after Putin's elimination.

One really good thought is what will happen to Luka 5 mins after Putin's elimination.
This would be a good reason why Belarus has not actively participated. If doing so causes insurrection in Belarus, Putin has another big headache to deal with when he doesn't have troops to spare.

I will read the article later because it is long. recently, i’ve been watching quite a bit of Vald Vexler’s youtube channel. He thinks it is too early to hope for Putin to be deposed because the population is only just starting to awaken from its slumber. more time and more events that affect the people personally is needed for them to become motivated enough to actually do anything,

Not sure if you have seen his channel but it is highly recommended.

He is too optimistic about that war is close to ending. Putin will rebuild units during winter and will start attack again even if is forced to retreat for now.

You're assuming Putin can do that effectively with the human forces he's able to mobilise, but that's not a given, neither is it a given that any forces he can mobilise will actually fight effectively. You may turn out to be correct, but I wouldn't assume at the moment that's the only possible outcome.

You're assuming Putin can do that effectively with the human forces he's able to mobilise, but that's not a given, neither is it a given that any forces he can mobilise will actually fight effectively. You may turn out to be correct, but I wouldn't assume at the moment that's the only possible outcome.
Plus sanctions are apparently making it difficult for Russia to manufacture and replace equipment.

It is problematic to build new and renew, but there are still plenty equipment in central and far east Russia and they moving it in. Putin is determined and I cannot see how he can step back, especially after annexations. I think he rather will leave unprotected all other parts of Russia than admit defeat in Ukraine. Who is gone attack Russia anyway?
If Putin decide to declare war, he will also have at his disposal current conscripts which is trained, equipped and ready to use units. In our parts there is no optimism that war will end without at least one more try from Putin.

advertisement

Back