advertisement

The Premiership of Mary Elizabeth Truss.Sept 2022 - Oct 2022

Whilst I agree with all of the above, maybe there is some hope for the future?

Brexit won’t be reversed, imo. The best we can hope for is a Labour govt and better relations with the EU.

I think after a couple of generations there could be a referendum on joining the EU but on different terms than before... e.g. the Euro, which I believe will be a referendum loser.

In the grubbier corners of the conference she could be found plotting how to make the lives of the poorest a living hell (Twitter). Never afraid to say the quiet bits out loud. The Nasty Party is as ever The Nasty Party.

Stefanovic is right: the Tory party is depraved. It’s a good word, we should use it often.

Did a bleary eyed double take this morning. Just when we think it can't get any worse...

MuNNl9K.png

Caption Competition

52406360983_f81a4674a7_z.jpg

“Benefits are not the only thing I’ll grabbing back from those bloody scroungers”

The country needs an unpopular prime minister in these hard times to get the necessary difficult measures in place.

Truss torn to threads on Times Radio this morning.

A thick skin is also required.

View from America,24th September '22

What Britain’s Kamikaze Self-Destruction Teaches the World
How Britain Became the World’s Newest Banana Republic

Yesterday was the day Britain finally became a developing country.
And all of this sets off a vicious cycle that Brits don’t understand — but the rest of us should. Brits today are something like too many Americans: apathetic, disengaged, they don’t seem to care about anything. Hence, their government can do whatever it likes. Each successive one has been worse — until the point of fanaticism so severe it’s on the level of actual banana republics, which is an insulting way to refer to developing countries. And yet.

https://eand.co/what-britains-kamikaze-self-destruction-teaches-the-world-1522def1f1c0

The country needs an unpopular prime minister in these hard times to get the necessary difficult measures in place.

Truss torn to threads on Times Radio this morning.

A thick skin is also required.

Also a thick head.

The reality is as outlined in an earler reference to a Monbiot article. The PM and her Krazi Krew are 'programmed' by the murky 'thinktanks' like the IEA, TPA, CPS, ASI, etc, in the UK (plus their equivalents in the USA). They all refuse to detail who funds them, but it is pretty obvious. Fat Cats who want to crush 'society' and get Thatcher's fantasy that "There is No Such Thing as Society" for real in the UK and USA. Only the 'individual' matters... in particular those willing to whatever it takes to become ultra wealthly and powerful.

cf an article on this in New Statesman (30 Sep - 6 Oct). Leave Means Leave is a relative newcomer to this cosy secret cabal of paid for lackies and spinmasters.

You are not a person. You are a 'resource' to be exploited or exhausted and discarded.

A fundamental failing of the BBC and other broadcasters like Ch4 is their dumb willingness over the years to get in speakers from these shady organisations *without* requring full disclosure on who funds them and how/why. It should be "no disclosure? = no appearance ". But they use them as an easy way to get in an 'expert' to talk with.

Similarly, I feel that *by law* they should be required to fully disclose their funders, etc, if they have any political aims at all. After all, the Tories have passed laws to try and *stop* charities from doing anything that Jacob Reely-Smug might feel is 'political' - i.e. something he dislikes.

Mmmm. Austerity is indeed an ugly thing. I wonder what the austerity meted out post post Euro-crisis by the EU troika on the clubmed countries, most particularly Greece, together with Ireland, and even France, cost in terms of shortened lives, suicides, lost jobs, lost businesses, pension-poverty, trauma and lost opportunity. All in the name of protecting a deeply flawed, ideologically-driven currency union, German & French banks, and the neoliberal status-quo.

I would bet it makes the UK numbers, as awful as they are, look fairly moderate by comparison.

Mmmm. Austerity is indeed an ugly thing. I wonder what the austerity meted out post post Euro-crisis by the EU troika on the clubmed countries, most particularly Greece, together with Ireland, and even France, cost in terms of shortened lives, suicides, lost jobs, lost businesses, pension-poverty, trauma and lost opportunity. All in the name of protecting a deeply flawed, ideologically-driven currency union, German & French banks, and the neoliberal status-quo.

I would bet it makes the UK numbers, as awful as they are, look fairly moderate by comparison.
Funniest. Post. Ever.

advertisement

Back