advertisement

The Premiership of Mary Elizabeth Truss.Sept 2022 - Oct 2022

Are we still talking about the hypothetical, highly unlikely and highly risible comparison of a group of drinkers in a pub with the economy of a modern G7 country? It's embarrassing but sadly very indicative of the sort of nonsense many people form their ill-informed beliefs around.

The Kansas experiment tells us what happens when radical low tax policies are put into practice. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_experiment

The Pound will have to give, the Bank of England has to defend the bond market because of pension funds and mortgages. Too bad energy is priced in US dollars.

Exactly and that is why a stronger pound will benefit us all by effectively reducing the energy that we are struggling to pay. Next step MUST be a windfall tax, just like EU.

False alarm on the security alert. The Kwasi car-crash is coming up any second now... I wonder what awful joke he will make to cover up his criminality/incompetence?

Kwateng, a man who crashed £65bn off our economy, is now going after already ruined public services to the tune of £18bn (ad-riddled and largely unreadable on the Independent).

PS Plenty of industrial action and protest outside the conference area, which is great to see. FWIW the building itself largely funded by an EU grant. Tories, as ever, dining out on other people’s money.

Not worth much. EU funding is/was paid for by the taxpayer. In the simplest terms, the £50m odd that the EU funded came out of £100m provided to the EU by the UK taxpayer.

It is run by, and contributes to the profits of, a private company.

He’s going for full deregulation of everything, and eu = bad

Can we lock the doors and release the gas into the conference hall?

Too much?

Good speech so far.

Full of bad stuff.

But well delivered, I think.

Just the uncosted bullshit rhetoric I’d expect from a failing Trump-right party. Vacuous grandstanding with zero detail, zero vision, zero integrity. A gangster oligarchy that can’t even be arsed covering its tracks.

'Because we are there for the most vulnerable ' he left a gap for some applause, silence, conference eventually took the hint with some sporadic limp hands. Kwasi smirked.

He’s going for full deregulation of everything, and eu = bad

Can we lock the doors and release the gas into the conference hall?

Too much?

Doctor-Who-the-Master-John-Simm-Sound-of-drums.jpg

The way they are doing the bill, both before and after discount is fine. Any proponent of progressive taxation should be fine with it. The only change I'd make to the story is remove all implication that anything is wrong with it, from either 'side.'

Yes, although it does highlight that if the pips are squeezed too hard, drinker #10 might decide to drink at another bar, maybe in another country. As the IFS data states, over 60% of income tax revenue comes from the top 10% of income tax payers. Start losing these people and suddenly there’s a big tax hole to fill.

Yes, although it does highlight that if the pips are squeezed too hard, drinker #10 might decide to drink at another bar, maybe in another country. As the IFS data states, over 60% of income tax revenue comes from the top 10% of income tax payers. Start losing these people and suddenly there’s a big tax hole to fill.
Well, as others have pointed out, it's a crap, rather specious analogy in the first place. So I think it 'highlights' nothing of the sort. Are you seriously suggesting that a stupid, and discredited right wing meme about drinkers in the bar should be taken seriously as a suggestion that if you don't reduce taxation on the very rich, they'll just **** off elsewhere? Away with your nonsense!

Not worth much. EU funding is/was paid for by the taxpayer. In the simplest terms, the £50m odd that the EU funded came out of £100m provided to the EU by the UK taxpayer.

It is run by, and contributes to the profits of, a private company.

Town Hall / Symphony Hall (now B Music) is a charity, one I am very happy to support as often as I can, it does loads for local aspects.

The rest, like the conference ctr, presumably is in private hands.

With that danger comes the thought that such risk becomes less acute if income is less sharply concentrated in the first place.

advertisement

Back