advertisement

The Premiership of Mary Elizabeth Truss.Sept 2022 - Oct 2022

Where there is harmony, may we bring discord.
Where there is truth, may we bring error.
Where there is faith, may we bring doubt.
And where there is hope, may we bring despair.

2022 Boris Johnson/Liz Truss remix. Special brickwalled edition with zero dynamic range for the tone deaf.

Played with a locked repeat button.

I liked today's commentary in the Belfast Telegraph. An excerpt:

For six long days after she deliberately crashed her country’s economy, the main question people have been asking Liz Truss, “Where are you?” And arguably to her credit, on Thursday that was the one question she did manage to answer.

She was in Leeds, she was in Norfolk, she was in Bristol, she was in Lancashire, she was absolutely everywhere. And everywhere she went she made a quite mesmeric t** of herself.

For reasons best known presumably to someone, her preferred method of emerging like a cockroach into the aftermath of a nuclear bomb she dropped on herself was via a quickfire interview round on eight different local BBC radio stations.

It would be unfair on the prime minister to say that each was worse than the last. It would also not be true, as all of them were equally bad. From Liz Truss’s perspective, not a single good thing happened in any of them, across the entire hour.

Funny how an image and slogan from Doctor Who sums up what happens if Truss is asked even a slightly difficult question during an interview:
m89x3b722in0.png

I was completely wrong in thinking the local radio presenters would give Truss an easy ride - they did a fantastic job.

I did wonder if they all had a teams meeting a few days before to agree on their approach.

Her interviews were car crash. Very, very worrying.

Had to love Redwoods explanation that basically yesterdays intervention by the BOE was totally completely and utterly the fault of, yep, the BOE.
They were sellings bonds too cheaply inot a flooded market and decided to stop and buy some more.
Truly almost as remarkable as truss's work today.

That little homily was one of the greatest perversions uttered by a politician in a century but hats off to Liz- she thinks she’s the antichrist to the Bank of England’s abacus rattling orthodoxy peddlers.

Indeed. I've been reading the St Francis of Assisi wiki page, and this little snippit stuck out like a sore thumb:

"He and his followers celebrated and even venerated poverty, which was so central to his character that in his last written work, the Testament, he said that absolute personal and corporate poverty was the essential lifestyle for the members of his order."

'Corporate Poverty'. Now that's one helluva oxymoron!

John

Had to love Redwoods explanation that basically yesterdays intervention by the BOE was totally completely and utterly the fault of, yep, the BOE.
They were sellings bonds too cheaply inot a flooded market and decided to stop and buy some more.
I just watched that on catch-up. It was chilling- complete denial of responsibility and scapegoating others, in this case the BoE while the others have gone for Remoaners. I’m surprised a Tory hasn’t wheeled out George Soros and other rootless cosmopolitans, maybe their keeping that one handy.

I doubt these desperate and venal mouthpieces spraying the blame in every direction is lost on anyone. They're drowning in the feotid swamp of their own excrement. How much time remains before they drag the rest of the country down with them? Days? Weeks? A year?

John

not often you get agreement by the general public but most think Truss has completely lost the plot and are worried what the next mad cap idea she will reveal to make matters even worse . The worst aspect is that she cannot compute what a mess she has made .Her claim to fame will be the first PM to crash the economy with a not a budjet

Thing is, it was just a rookie comms mistake and a very expensive one. Arrogance, dumbness and deafness. Still at least they have signed their own death warrant but lots of people will take the pain for them. Truss is worth about 9 million so enough to weather the storm.

The appeal of Thatcher was that you could buy cheap shares in British Gas and you could buy your council house at a bargain price.

If we accept this as true, which as someone who lived in one of the worst unemployment black spots in the country I don’t without a huge pinch of salt, that sense of aspiration and social mobility no longer exists. It has been bludgeoned and crushed to the point of extinction. The Conservative Party of May, Johnson and Truss just sell cheap nationalism and tabloid English exceptionalism in order to divert attention away from the millions of once aspirational working people now queuing at foodbanks and with no hope of buying any house, let alone the unicorn-grade rarity of a council house.

The 21st century Conservative Party has failed entirely on all its old terms. The hall of mirrors has been shattered. All that remains is a hollow smoking shell in front of an entirely fraudulent money laundering and state access scam for the party’s largely offshored billionaire owners whilst normal folk starve and freeze in the dying remnants of their now plundered economy.

The Conservative Party of May, Johnson and Truss just sell cheap nationalism and tabloid English exceptionalism in order to divert attention away from the millions of once aspirational working people now queuing at foodbanks and with no hope of buying any house, let alone the unicorn-grade rarity of a council house.

The 21st century Conservative Party has failed entirely on all its old terms. The hall of mirrors has been shattered. All that remains is a hollow smoking shell in front of an entirely fraudulent money laundering and state access scam for the party’s largely offshored billionaire owners whilst normal folk starve and freeze in the dying remnants of their now plundered economy.
I’m starting to get the impression you might be a little ambivalent towards the Conservatives.

I think it was on one of the Twitter threads linked to yesterday that referred to something along the lines of John Redwood is currently celebrating thirty years of always being wrong.

advertisement

Back