advertisement

The Premiership of Mary Elizabeth Truss.Sept 2022 - Oct 2022

I liked today's commentary in the Belfast Telegraph. An excerpt:

For six long days after she deliberately crashed her country’s economy, the main question people have been asking Liz Truss, “Where are you?” And arguably to her credit, on Thursday that was the one question she did manage to answer.

She was in Leeds, she was in Norfolk, she was in Bristol, she was in Lancashire, she was absolutely everywhere. And everywhere she went she made a quite mesmeric t** of herself.

For reasons best known presumably to someone, her preferred method of emerging like a cockroach into the aftermath of a nuclear bomb she dropped on herself was via a quickfire interview round on eight different local BBC radio stations.

It would be unfair on the prime minister to say that each was worse than the last. It would also not be true, as all of them were equally bad. From Liz Truss’s perspective, not a single good thing happened in any of them, across the entire hour.

I don’t see how fracking is going to reduce our energy bills. The fuel that’s fracked will be sold at the going rate on the market as they are not going to sell it cheap to us. They told us North Sea oil would mean cheaper fuel at the pump, it never happened.

I don’t see how fracking is going to reduce our energy bills. The fuel that’s fracked will be sold at the going rate on the market as they are not going to sell it cheap to us. They told us North Sea oil would mean cheaper fuel at the pump, it never happened.

You are missing the point. Tory donors now get to make money via fracking which was previously blocked due to public opinion.

Good bit on PM about how to actually do the comms right. Basically what was said was prepare the ground, Introduce topic, committee to look into it, announcement in April- Bob's your uncle. It is the utter incompetence not the action; deplorable and stupid as that is.
In the end if you earn £250,000 you get c 12k PA. Wouldn't even notice let alone create growth.

Rents everywhere are stupid, at least in relation to wages. £700 p/m for a not particularly nice 2 bed terrace in a dead end town with nothing going on.

Where the action isn't
That's where it is
State your position
Vacancies exist
In an X-certificate exercise
Ex-servicemen excrete
Keith Joseph smiles and a baby dies
In a box on Beasley Street

From the boarding-houses and the bedsits
Full of accidents and fleas
Somebody gets it
Where the missing persons freeze
Wearing dead men's overcoats
You can't see their feet
A riff joint shuts, opens up
Right down on Beasley Street

Blair always have two answers to difficult questions, it wasn’t always relevant to what was asked but it hammered home his message.

Truss is not thick but she cannot communicate & like all Tories has no empathy.

I still don’t understand the appeal of Thatcher 30 odd years on so what do I know?

Last edited:
The fact you can actually see and hear the cogs dis engage when asked a very serious question, about which she has no real answer, then fumbles with the gear lever and clutch to find any gear to put her mouth into is somethig to behold. It would be hilarious if it were not so serious
Complete silences do not relly go down well, do they!

I still don’t understand the appeal the appeal of Thatcher 30 odd years on so what do I know?

'Where there is discord, may we bring harmony.
Where there is error (?), may we bring truth.
Where there is doubt, may we bring faith.
And where there is despair, may we bring hope.'

Hilda the Grate. [Courtesy of St Francis of Assisi.]

What's not to like?

John

You are missing the point. Tory donors now get to make money via fracking which was previously blocked due to public opinion.

I realised that was the end game but think the NHS is the jewel in the crown and will be up for grabs soon if they can get away with it. Not even Thatcher would go that far but this lot are just in a different class. Money is the end game at any cost and we are going to pay big time. A general election is well overdue.

I realised that was the end game but think the NHS is the jewel in the crown and will be up for grabs soon if they can get away with it. Not even Thatcher would go that far but this lot are just in a different class. Money is the end game at any cost and we are going to pay big time. A general election is well overdue.
She hasn’t got time especially after this monumental display of incompetence. I’d be surprised if they get to Spring.

Where there is harmony, may we bring discord.
Where there is truth, may we bring error.
Where there is faith, may we bring doubt.
And where there is hope, may we bring despair.

2022 Boris Johnson/Liz Truss remix. Special brickwalled edition with zero dynamic range for the tone deaf.

What's not to like?

John
That little homily was one of the greatest perversions uttered by a politician in a century but hats off to Liz- she thinks she’s the antichrist to the Bank of England’s abacus rattling orthodoxy peddlers.

advertisement

Back