advertisement

The Premiership of Mary Elizabeth Truss.Sept 2022 - Oct 2022

Grrr! Those pesky Remainers!!

gV3lIIi.png
He, Mogg and their hangers on are bent and they own the Tory Party. It’s like listening to Sergei Lavrov. Brexit was their weapon of choice and they still imagine they can reach for it when required.

She would lie to win her election

Yes that’s the only explanation I can give, like people say about Starmer. But then this whole business of deliberately baiting the markets for two months to justify austerity seems a bit too much like the plot in a Verdi opera to me. But maybe that’s my naivety.

The Truss mini-budget is focused on stimulating faster growth. Today’s BoE rate hike announcement is focused on slowing growth in order to lower inflation. Weird to see contradictory policies working against one another. Also hard to understand why Truss does not see inflation as the more urgent problem to address.
The thought occurred to me this morning that Truss's thinking might be on the following lines: she'll do the relatively popular stuff (cutting taxes) and let the BoE take the flak for doing the less popular stuff (raising interest rates). The, if/when it all goes even more pear-shaped, she can blame the BoE's 'incompetence'.

But that doesn't explain the Government's apparent willingness to piss off its traditional support base. Homeowners have already had a kick in the teeth, and I heard on R4 this morning that state pensions might not increase in line with inflation, as Sunak had pledged they would.

Yesterday's headlines were telling; almost every paper was shouting about financial armageddon, but the Daily Mail led on a non-story about one of Steven Lawrence's murderers (and leads on the same item this morning). If the Tories have lost the Mail, they might as well pack up and leave.

There is some slimy little shit on Radio 4 this morning sidestepping the questions.

Should the various news outlets not have a moratorium to state that any politician that won't answer the question dosnt get interviewed again, cut them all off at the knees until they understand we are paying the f***ing wages?

She promised, explicitly, an end to austerity, confidently saying that it’s all affordable because they can borrow. I certainly got the impression that it was all prepared, they were ready to hit the ground running. Effectively Adam Toose is saying it was a ruse to justify further austerity, but I don’t see why it was necessary to be misleading in the context - that’s why I’m slightly sceptical of some of his analysis.

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/l...scal-rules-despite-experts-impossible-1755855
I don’t think that’s quite what he’s saying - that’s the headline, which he didn’t write - he’s saying that cuts are inevitably in the mix. The plan as far as Truss and co are concerned is to stimulate growth and get us through the energy crisis. But when very right wing people massively increase the deficit, other right wing people understand that the next move will be cuts in public spending. It’s one of those things that the people who count just know, and don’t bother explaining to people who don’t count - the public - because, well, they don’t count. But for sure, none of this will have to have been explained to newspaper owners, other billionaire backers or bond traders.

Let's take a quick trip to the 1990s, here's what fellow LibDems thought of Truss in her Oxford days (Twitter)

It's a list with four points. The first is this : '1. Liz is mad.'

Just doing her rehearsed lines. But her tone is very monotone and dull. Probably somewhat shell-shocked. Cannot communicate naturally. 8.17 on Radio Kent https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_kent

She is frighteningly out of her depth.

"I have to do what I believe is right for the country and what is going to help move our country forward." “This is the right plan.” https://www.theguardian.com/politic...conomy-conservatives-uk-politics-live-updates

“For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong.” - H.L. Mencken

Chris Philip, Chief secretary to the Treasury, talking absolute bollocks on the news channels this morning.

Nothing has changed apart from being deeper in the shit!

Very angry ATM :mad:

Zombie economics explained.
Here are the BBC Local Radio Stations PM Liz Truss is on this morning and their timings.

0800 LEEDS
0808 NORFOLK
0815 KENT
0822 LANCASHIRE
0830 NOTTINGHAM
0838 TEES
0845 BRISTOL
0852 STOKE

Her fast travel skills are impressive if nothing else.

And here is my MP, Greg Smith, an IEA-supported goon of the first order, saying, two days ago, that the mini-budget 'will see us on the path to serious economic recovery'. (Twitter)

We need to get these dark-money grifters out of our politics.
I see Sunak is giving the party conference a body swerve. He’ll be at his Yorkshire constituency.

Caught a snippet of a local radio interview. Sounded as though she was just reading (nonsense) from a speech. Why TF isn’t she on BBC1, Radio 4 etc. Get her in front of Brillo to defend herself. I can only think it’s because local radio interviewers are crap and inexperienced and she knows she’ll be toast.

So when, train strikes permitting, are we marching on Parliament?

Hopefully there will be a load of anger and protest around the Tory Conference next week, though I’ve not seen anything organised yet. I think there is some strike action scheduled then too.

One thing that occurred to me is the weapons-grade idiocy and national sabotage we saw in Friday was only a “mini-budget”. IIRC there is a ‘proper’ one on the way, I think in November. Given it appears huge swathes of Tory MPs are refusing to even attend Conference this year I wonder if there is now a very real risk of that budget not being passed in the HoC? The Sunak faction would vote against or abstain, as would the ‘red wall’ lot. That may be enough to sink it. If that is the case it is VONC and GE time. If nothing else it will hopefully force Truss and Kwateng to reverse-out from the IEA lunacy that now owns our politics a fair way as we all now know beyond doubt what it does in reality.

advertisement

Back