advertisement

I’ve been having a bit of a streamline and tidy up. I’ve replaced the underused record player with a table lamp, and the underused tuner with a power supply for the streamer.

I’ve also got hold of some new speaker cables that allow for an F connection instead of bulky jumper cables.

Convenient having a gap behind the hearth...

52145487038_747ce3e30b_k_d.jpg

I'm new to these parts so I'll use this as an opportunity to introduce myself. I'm just another old guy who has managed to collect some stuff that I could only dream about in my youth. Very grateful for the opportunity. At the end of the day it's just about enjoying the music, which has been a primary pursuit, and an extremely enjoyable one, for over 50 years.

I decided to become a member because I have been interested in LS3/5A's for some time, and came close to obtaining various pairs over the last year. I ended up with a nice pair of JR149's which you can see atop my Allison One speakers in the first picture. Really have been enjoying them. I drive them with my McIntosh MC225 off it's 16 ohm taps.

Here's a few pics of the gear set up. It's ever changing as I rotate stuff in and out.

3308-E1-A1-B8-EA-4-D3-B-B510-AC6-C513-B11-AC.jpg

B9-AAB1-BC-45-C1-424-E-AFE3-0-BC5-C8617-FF3.jpg

D95-B37-B9-CCD4-4931-BD0-F-2-F9171-A8-EED1.jpg

I'm new to these parts so I'll use this as an opportunity to introduce myself. I'm just another old guy who has managed to collect some stuff that I could only dream about in my youth. Very grateful for the opportunity. At the end of the day it's just about enjoying the music, which has been a primary pursuit, and an extremely enjoyable one, for over 50 years.

Here's a few pics of the gear set up. It's ever changing as I rotate stuff in and out

3308-E1-A1-B8-EA-4-D3-B-B510-AC6-C513-B11-AC.jpg

D95-B37-B9-CCD4-4931-BD0-F-2-F9171-A8-EED1.jpg

Lovely collection !

is the rug out of shot ?

Lovely collection !

is the rug out of shot ?

Thanks!

No rug. Used to have one, but got rid of it. Believe it or not, even with the wood floors, there really aren't any negative effects of the wood floor. The room is filled top to bottom with furniture, pillows, books, records(as you can see), curtains. Music is normally not played that loudly. I've tried it both with and without rug, and to my ears(and my wife's) there was no difference of any significance. With these two, any rugs we've had in the past got pretty nasty no matter how much cleaning/vacuuming, so decided to go just bare floors which are much easier to maintain.

0-FB4493-C-C575-4174-B636-FC7-B6-EEBE56-A.jpg

Thanks!

No rug. Used to have one, but got rid of it. Believe it or not, even with the wood floors, there really aren't any negative effects of the wood floor. The room is filled top to bottom with furniture, pillows, books, records(as you can see), curtains. Music is normally not played that loudly. I've tried it both with and without rug, and to my ears(and my wife's) there was no difference of any significance. With these two, any rugs we've had in the past got pretty nasty no matter how much cleaning/vacuuming, so decided to go just bare floors which are much easier to maintain.

Lovely pets.

Cheers BB

Thanks!

Dog wants a rug…

He wants a treat. Always. He has his little place mat that likes to sit on in the kitchen. In the living room, he actually has his own chair, which is a disgracefully battered thing years old that we keep in front of the window. He likes to sleep there and keep watch of the neighborhood.

B6-F77-EB5-3863-4-D35-9-E39-C2-B436-D39-D02.jpg
Should we start a new thread for hi-fi with dogs ?

Last edited:
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-29 at 11.46.31 AM by Richard Howard, on Flickr

I have swapped out the Khozmo pre and Radford for a set of NuVista 300 pre and power amps.

Absolutely sensational. AND MASSIVE.

A little worried at first as it wasn't without issue (input sockets on the aux1 potentially dirty/faulty and doing some weird stuff), but now have it all working and sounding great. The phono stage is pretty good, too.

now to save the pennies for a service, which may sting...

advertisement

Back