advertisement

Systemdeck plus 774

worz

pfm Member
Well well I'm In shock cant believe it what a combination, jaw dropping is a fair comment

I take it that 8BA were correct then?

A superb deck, foolishly dismissed by the Linn brigade, along with the Logic.

Enjoy!

I take it that 8BA were correct then?

A superb deck, foolishly dismissed by the Linn brigade, along with the Logic.

Enjoy!
Yes mate correct, I purchased it from load and clear in Scotland ,what a dealer there service even buying second hand was exemplary
Loads of communication via email and even an offer of aftersales advice ,I wish I lived closer they would be my dealer for sure
I'm still amazed even with a at95e ,my linn is going I think now ,I've never been sure of its performance in general but this is well I don't no what to say lol

Originally, it was Systemdek Transcription Turntable, later dubbed Systemdek III.

Comparisons between this and the Systemdek II 'biscuit tin' demonstrate that the intention was to have both a full plinth model as well as the 'biscuit tin' style from the off.

Very interesting mate, I'm just surprised really in it performance perhaps I've got a duff lp12 but it is set up by a well known guru in Leicester so should be fine
The original owner had it from new and ran a Decca super gold on the 774 which he must have kept ,pity really as I wold have loved to hear on it

I like the Systemdek Transcription Turntable aka Systemdek 111, a very under rated turntable indeed and solidly built, the nextel can be carefully removed when it goes gooey. The metal plinth can be cleaned and painted/sprayed etc but the overall construction is very good for what they sell for. I have one myself and cleaned out the bearing, new oil etc and a decent tonearm/cartridge really does sound good for the money.

Same combo kept me more than happy for 18 years. Sold it to a mate for £200 when I won a Logic DM101 in a competition. Not my brightest move!
Arm worked well with cheap mm's to expensive mc's. Better bass, wider soundstage and way more musical sounding than the Linn,o.i.m.o of course.
Have restored a few for friends over the years and still think it's a great table.

I have a spare Systemdek 111 I might be restoring in the new year and might even try the acrylic platter option if it fits. The Logic DM101 is a very good turntable when set up properly and I bagged one a while ago with the top arm etc, just need the time to clean out the bearing, fresh oil etc and a decent cartridge plus the external PSU/speed controller might need recapping but will give it a spin.

I missed out on this minty III with Syrinx LE-1 and Grace F-9E on back in summer 2015. Haven't seen one in this condition for decades (not that they come up for sale all that often over here).

1002888-f72bfc2e-rare-systemdek-iii-turntable.jpg

I have a spare Systemdek 111 I might be restoring in the new year and might even try the acrylic platter option if it fits. The Logic DM101 is a very good turntable when set up properly and I bagged one a while ago with the top arm etc, just need the time to clean out the bearing, fresh oil etc and a decent cartridge plus the external PSU/speed controller might need recapping but will give it a spin.
I can't imagine an acrylic platter being an improvement. In fact, such may actually prevent the suspension from operating properly, as the standard platter is just under 5kg (4.8kg = 10.56lbs). Also, this is critically damped via a large rubber O-ring round the periphery and has a machined ring beneath that perfectly mates up with the machined ridge round the periphery of the sub-platter.

1002898-05d3c4ba-rare-systemdek-iii-turntable.jpg

The Sytemdek Transcription Turntable was my first serious deck, bought around 1982 after a demo against a Linn. I could hear the PRAT the Linn was doing (although it wasn't called that back then), but for me the Systemdek was far preferable, offering proper clarity, space and dynamics. In the shop it was particularly stunning playing Grace Jones through DCM TIme Window speakers.

The Sytemdek Transcription Turntable was my first serious deck, bought around 1982 after a demo against a Linn. I could hear the PRAT the Linn was doing (although it wasn't called that back then), but for me the Systemdek was far preferable, offering proper clarity, space and dynamics. In the shop it was particularly stunning playing Grace Jones through DCM TIme Window speakers.
Pull Up to the Bumper?

Well in this house it's destroyed my lp12 I'm very surprised by it ,I swear on a talk talk album I heard a cymbal sway when hit weird

Only ever heard a Systemdek once at a local dealer way back in 1990, not sure of the model, through a small valve integrated amp and don’t recall the speakers, playing Kate Bush Never for Ever. I was stunned how good it sounded as a system but I had bought an LP12 the year before and couldn’t turn back……..
Are Systemdek still about?

I believe so mate but extremely expensive now our of my reach lol , i purchased this one mainly for the mission 774 arm I'd been looking for one for ages and it was attached to a systemdeck
Well well got it and and carefully set it up not expecting much really with a at95 that I had spare ,blimey it blew me away big ,bold dynamic massive sound stage and very musical

advertisement

Back