advertisement

Vienna acoustics meets Mr Kipling.

Darren

So gentle when he tries to understand.
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Nice pair of Vienna acoustics speakers that have had their bass drivers apparently replaced by Mr Kipling. Those dust caps look like the little tray from the bottom of an individual bakewell tart.
The question is.... Do they still sound 'exceedingly good'
I'm skeptical......
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11543177...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
They’re cheap replacement car speakers with a plastic whizzer cone, most likely sound terrible. The cabinets are in terrible condition too, so probably a lost cause. Might be worth harvesting the tweeters.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
They’re cheap replacement car speakers with a plastic whizzer cone, most likely sound terrible. The cabinets are in terrible condition too, so probably a lost cause. Might be worth harvesting the tweeters.
Ah yes.... Of course they are. I should have recognised them. I think my Mr Kipling idea was better though....

It’s a great observation, made me laugh!
It actually reminded me of an emergency repair my friend made to my mom’s shoes when they broke at a party, he used gaffer tape and Mr Kipling foil cake cases.:D

U6Tl6cn.png

Jeez, those drivers ARE bad then as the look exactly like someone has bodged a cake tin foil in the middle of the cone....

advertisement

Back