advertisement

I can see the white..

It's possible to get a white tone-arm too, if you want to take any of these decks to a very white and very high standard ;-)

Screenshot-2018-10-12-at-12.52.32.png

Screenshot-2018-10-12-at-12.52.20.png

Vertere - if I hadn't wanted two phono stages - a TRON Convergence Signature MM and a Paradise "One" MC - this would have been my next turntable.

Sticking my nose into the Rega vs Project debate.

In my honest opinion, Rega’s sound far more superior and I believe you get better bang for your buck.

Iv’e had the current P3, P6 and P8, twice. The biggest step up between all 3 is between the P3 and P6. There is a considerable step between the P6 and P8 but when I consider the cost of the P8 vs P6, you get better VFM with the P6.

It’s just a shame they don’t do any other colours.

Dan.

I would go Technics or Rega. I've seen the insides of enough ProJect turntables to know I would't put my own money into one.

I've seen the outside of just one, mine, and would not buy another at half the price.
(I luckily sold it. I now have a Technics DD, late 70s batch)

I seem to recall an Audio Note in white. Happy Rega RP10 owner here with TT on white shelf as an aside.

My shortlist for a new TT is slowly forming though my preference is for white I may need to compromise with silver or even black. These are the TTs that I will be looking at. Thanks for advice.

Rega P3 with Neo
Rega P8
Roksan Attessa
Technics 1500c
Technics SL1200GR( I like DD)

I am considering a 2M Black. I’d like to hear the difference between the Rega P3 and 8. I know there are significant price differences between these models but they have different driving mechanism so the differences should be interesting. I already know the 1500c and it is a fine deck for the price.The Roksan intrigues me.

advertisement

Back