advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mr Perceptive great pictures as always. I saw the Ian Beesley exhibition a few weeks ago. It's amazing that most of the pictures are at the most 40 years ago. It's another world.

Bradford university was one of my choices in 1981 (I actually went to Hull), it always amazes me that I lived through these times, but being in a student bubble I was very blinkered - and not as active with a camera in those days

This used to be named 'Modern Classics', a cafe with lots of Mod and Ska-related memorabilia inside, in fact the owner could've been Paul Weller's twin brother. Food was simple, and plentiful - door-step bacon sarnies, proper chips and tea in large mugs etc. It was rumoured the place was closed for refurbishment but sadly not. A real shame as we'd been in for lunch on several occasions and loved the vibe of the place.

Closed down by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Ricoh GRIII

A memorial to the times when Ferrybridge power station was coal fired, the last of the cooling towers were demolished this year.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrybridge_power_stations
71-DCD38-E-E3-F7-4-D56-9-F8-D-4-FF47546-D6-C9.jpg

Northumberland is the best.
[EDIT] Have you tried the coast?

I have, a few years ago, but you can’t beat staying in the heart of it all, rather than just driving there for the day. All the above pics and the video taken within the grounds of our self-catering luxury lodge. Just can’t believe my luck today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back