advertisement

Substitute for Mogami 2972

I use Van Damnded's 4mm Hifi cables as well as VDH 122 Hybrid. No complaints and I would expect the same for the one you linked too.

I've just ordered Klotz LY240 for a friend, modest cost - they are single wire though.

My friend has replaced some very expensive cables with the Klotz mentioned. He thought he would try it because it was cheap, but he was impressed by the construction and told me that it was sonically far superior.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm really looking for 4 core so I can biwire with a single cable. I may have found some Mogami.

The Van Damme is good stuff. I'm liking the Studiospares 'Europa' own brand stuff at the moment, very flexible as it's got a looser cotton packing than most. Couldn't see any 4 core 2.5mm on their site though (I have about 10m) only 2, 6 and 8 core.

Why not use a single run of the VD hifi series, + make up a pair of jumpers, far cheaper and just as neat as a 4 core bi-wire.

A bit late to the party but just to add some thoughts which might be useful. I sell Closer OGY full range speakers in the UK under the name toetapaudio and the manufacturer has recommended trying Klotz 2 x 2.5 (Klotz LY 225). You can get it on eBay for under £3 per metre. With a more efficient system you don’t need heavy gauge wires. There are a number of other relatively cheap off the reel cables which I’m considering testing including Mogami 2972, Belden 8470, 9497 and others. Hopefully I can make the time to post a test sometime.

advertisement

Back