advertisement

What are you cooking tonight?

Alex S

carbon based lifeform
Don’t think we have such a thread on PFM so here’s goes:

Yesterday I made paella.

F7018575-EF87-4-F42-A11-C-38-F5-FF5-D4-CE5.jpg

home made Punjabi curries, bought the sauces from a local lady. Well balanced sauces, just have to cook some prawns and Aubergine and throw it all on a plate. served with brown Rice and our flatbreads.

This morning I baked bread and cooked up a batch of homemade soup so had fresh bread and soup for lunch. Most of the soup was frozen and will be eaten for lunch over the next week or so. This evening, who knows, I think I will head towards the kitchen, open the fridge and hope for inspiration.

Made a sweet potato, carrot and red lentil spicy soup this morning. Might just finish that off with some crusty loaf

Usually steak on Saturday night for us but my son and my son-in-law have birthdays this weekend so we've a party for the two of them tomorrow, it's September weekend here in Glasgow which used to be a big Blackpool weekend, so my wife's cooked spag-bol for tomorrow so Wagu burgers for me tonight with a bottle of Portuguese red wine, my wife's not feeling well so she's on the boiler eggs I think.

Stuffed marrow: baked in the oven with beef bolognaise and béchamel; a side serving of patates dauphinoises. A bit of red to wash the steroids down.

Big fan of greens. Kale is steamed. Sweetheart cabbage is sweated in butter with lots of salt/cider vinegar. I make a three litres of pork stock every fortnight as a base and can make a lot of different recipes just by simmering it with various spices. Every so often though I find I need a full English or a pasty. It’s not being English. It’s that stuff that was hardwired into you when you were a scrap of a lad whatever your nationality.

advertisement

Back