advertisement

Rogers Ls3/6

This page has a bit of history about the LS3/6 and subsequent Export Monitor and Studio 1, might be worth a read. Being a previous and now current owner I always wanted it to expand upon the Studio 1 as it hints at the mid/bass used as being considered (by Rogers) as an overall improvement on the one in the LS3/6, but the page hasn't been updated in years so I think that's all the info there's ever gonna be.

Also I stumbled across this thread on vintage-audio.net about the difficulty of finding replacements for the LS3/6 mid/bass unit, with a few contributions from Mark Hennessey.

Last edited:
Hi i think the best replacement bass unit for the ls3/6 is the Richard Allan HP8B these have the same chassis as the original bass unit, and i think they sound sweeter in the midrange than the dalesford.

What I’m attempting to say, Peter, is you’re asking advice about an old pair of speakers which had issues ( power handling ) even when new.
Now they are old you should be very careful about buying them.

I have an old pair of Spendor BC1s, which don’t handle much power so I treat them very carefully.

You appear to have been given some good advice in this thread, so take it on board.
No-one can choose speakers for you...

Hi thanks for all the advice, i wont be buying the speakers as Martyn said they have had problems and its a lot of money for something
that could give me trouble in the future.

advertisement

Back