advertisement

Sugden A21 Sig vs A21SE Sig

That's fine, we can agree to disagree. I own it and the volume pot is very keen and gets v.loud v.quick. they are essential imo for useful fine volume control. Particularly if you use the remote.
I've managed to avoid this with the Leak despite the high gain I read. The NVA just about gives me enough play. Anyway, I digress. Back to Suggie's OP. You are in for a treat....

That's fine, we can agree to disagree. I own it and the volume pot is very keen and gets v.loud v.quick. they are essential imo for useful fine volume control. Particularly if you use the remote.
Wouldn't it depend on your source? Especially if you are using the optional phono input.

Not really, it will be 23 watts ;)
Alright I'll give you that one. Lol.

I meant it sounds powerful and authoritative. 23w is plenty of grunt with the right speakers in the right room. The amp I had before was Arcam A39 120w class G and the Sugden wiped the floor with its lowly 23w.

I’m happy to adjust volume by hand and have never got on with Rothwells (or similar). I’ll leave it there before Jez jumps on my throat (again).

Alright I'll give you that one. Lol.

I meant it sounds powerful and authoritative. 23w is plenty of grunt with the right speakers in the right room. The amp I had before was Arcam A39 120w class G and the Sugden wiped the floor with its lowly 23w.
indeed -most normal listening is in the under 5w range, so monstrous power is not needed, just a good power supply.

advertisement

Back