advertisement

Cricket 2022 - for all things cricket this year on PFM

It's not only the light issue though, the weather becomes increasing unreliable as September goes along (October being the wettest month in the UK on average,) while conditions will normally favour bowling, as we have seen here.

It's not only the light issue though, the weather becomes increasing unreliable as September goes along (October being the wettest month in the UK on average,) while conditions will normally favour bowling, as we have seen here.
Agreed - the prioritisation of the rounders, sorry the 100, means the test series are are squeezed into the late spring and early autumn which is a pity as July and the first half of August this year would have been great for watching a proper five day test.

Good win and nice to see Crawley back in form playing his shots with ease .We have had good results with Stokes as captain , positive cricket but perhaps with sligthly less aggression at the start of an innings looks like to my surprise to been going very well

this is bad ...

Large-scale disorder broke out in Leicester on Saturday, with police and community leaders calling for calm.

Officers tried to hold back crowds amid tensions involving mainly young men from sections of the Muslim and Hindu communities.

Police said two arrests had been made, and that the trouble flared up after "an unplanned protest".

It is the latest of several incidents, including violence after an India and Pakistan cricket match on 28 August.

A significant police operation will remain in the area in the coming days.

Suleman Nagdi, of the Leicester-based Federation of Muslim Organisations told the BBC: "What we have seen on the streets is very alarming.

"There have been problems in the community since the India and Pakistan cricket match and while that game often sparks gatherings they have not in the past turned this ugly.

"We need calm - the disorder has to stop and it has to stop now. There are some very dissatisfied young men who have been causing havoc.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-62943952

this is bad ...

Large-scale disorder broke out in Leicester on Saturday, with police and community leaders calling for calm.

Officers tried to hold back crowds amid tensions involving mainly young men from sections of the Muslim and Hindu communities.

Police said two arrests had been made, and that the trouble flared up after "an unplanned protest".

It is the latest of several incidents, including violence after an India and Pakistan cricket match on 28 August.

Suleman Nagdi, of the Leicester-based Federation of Muslim Organisations told the BBC: "What we have seen on the streets is very alarming.

"There have been problems in the community since the India and Pakistan cricket match and while that game often sparks gatherings they have not in the past turned this ugly.

"We need calm - the disorder has to stop and it has to stop now. There are some very dissatisfied young men who have been causing havoc.

Good grief. It's only bloody cricket :mad:

this is bad ...

Good grief. It's only bloody cricket :mad:
This isn’t really about cricket so I started a thread about it the other day, I checked for the discussion in the morning and the thread was gone. I’ve no idea what happened in the thread, perhaps we aren’t allowed to talk about it. No idea.

All I’ll say is, like violence at football this is just louts finding an excuse to be violent. Generally I would like to let these morons get on with kicking the shit out of each other but unfortunately, as well as there usually being damage to property, innocent people always get dragged into it and hurt, in this case, 16 Police and a dog.

Source: BBC / Police injured tackling 'significant aggression'

A 20-year-old man from Leicester was jailed for 10 months, according to Leicestershire Police, after he pleaded guilty on Monday to possession of an offensive weapon.
^ Probably the one with the blade.

Turns out half of those arrested were from outside the county - this isn't about cricket!

If they are outside the country and classed as illegal immigrants (not confirmed), then they are even more stupid for attending.

Well, the thread title is all things cricket...

Picnic outside the Elmley Castle Cricket Club pavilion, Worcestershire, yesterday at about - oh, ten past one, I’d guess.

52371109571_2026d0bb79.jpg

If they are outside the country and classed as illegal immigrants (not confirmed), then they are even more stupid for attending.

County not country.

Immigration status not confirmed because not even mentioned.

This is bad enough without trying to turn it into something it isn't.

David Gower back, on SKY, commentating on the Pakistan/England T20 matches live:D
Technically, he was working for the host broadcaster but still welcome. I couldn't believe my ears at first:)

Hales too, proving his worth. Very satisfying.

A lot of players with injuries , so yes a bit of a B team but at least it has given Hales a chance to come off the naughty boy step and perhaps make the A team

remarkable - my taxi driver last night was right, he thought England would blast India, i wasn't so convinced

advertisement

Back