advertisement

King Charles III

but whatever he was he wasn’t a DJ IMHO. Not in any real sense.

He actually claims to have been the first person to use the twin turntable set up, in a club he was running in Manchester in the 60’s. But yeah, I doubt he had any real interest in, or love for, pop music. Getting into the music business and being around pop stars, like his ‘charity’ work at hospitals, merely increased his opportunity to groom victims.

I’m too young to remember Saville as a DJ, he was just an increasingly creepy children’s entertainer when I was a kid with ‘Jim’ll Fix It’ (which I didn’t like/watch) and the occasional presentation of Top Of The Pops. It is terrifying that a paedophile could get access to such a position, let alone get away with such astonishing levels of child abuse for a lifetime, but whatever he was he wasn’t a DJ IMHO. Not in any real sense.
He was pre BBC when he ran the Ritz ballroom in Manchester as a cover for his activities.

It really couldn’t have come at a better time for the Tories. The reason it was handled the way it was, aside from the obvious propaganda value, was that it deflected beautifully from the whole fuel crisis, Partygate, cost of living shitshow. There’s massive anger built up in the system. They were shitting themselves that any anti-monarchy protests caught the mood and spread like wildfire. And it has provided them with (an ultimately futile) exercise to try to claim Scotland is predominantly pro-union.

The opposite angle is that the Queen's death has deprived Truss of a two week honeymoon period with the public and opportunities to try setting the agenda in the media. She'll never get those two weeks back.

Short rant time: this whole mourning spectacle we’ve either sat through or have done our level best to ignore is a full-on two-week normalisation of elite power and rule served-up via religion and archaic state ritual. We need to see that aspect very clearly. Monarchy is not normal. It is not an acceptable concept. We should really try and take a few steps back and assess what we are being fed here with some degree of skepticism. This orchestrated mass hysteria is borderline cult behaviour IMHO. It makes me very uncomfortable!

Don't tell that to James Whale....

TalkTV host James Whale shuts down anti-monarchist caller (msn.com)

I wonder if similar things are happening on LBC?

Agreed. I’ve done my level best to miss as much as I can, but the bits I’ve seen just look like North Korea, Russia, China or any other deeply authoritarian state. I’m amazed they stopped short of a massive tank parade, but I may just have missed that.

As I stated way upthread I feel weird about it as, like everyone else in the UK, I’ve been gaslit for my whole 59 year life. ‘The Queen’ and all the royal wealth, privilege, pomp and state flamboyance has been part of the background every single day. It has always been there like air, sea, trees, baked beans etc. We are programmed to accept it without question. Yet unlike Thunderbirds, Father Christmas, Scooby Do and the dream of a jet pack or holiday on the moon it is still there now I’m an adult. I’ve long felt that it is ridiculous, conceptually offensive, and now the calming influence of Brenda (who I did kind of like) has passed that is even more blindingly obvious. It is an absolute embarrassment before we even get to the truly vile and visceral tabloid racism aimed 24/7 at Meghan, the twelve £million things wrong with Andrew, Charles’s awful entitled temper tantrums etc etc. It just needs to go. It defies all logic. It is not of this century.
Temper tantrums? What temper tantrums? The 2nd video is what I saw live, which made me think....hmm you're not very nice to your staff. Just watch his face in the last few seconds.
https://www.bodyandsoul.com.au/mind...n/news-story/ca583fee56115bb6d548539312f73295

Indeed. The symbolism of it all is so obvious too...
The emphasis on military power. The state religion. Parading the children and grandchildren to show us the dynasty will continue. The crown with huge jewels from the former colonies to demonstrate how much was stolen from them. Etc, etc...
We will have to do it all again next year too.

Look at chimpanzee culture. It is based on a simple family/power/cult hierarchy. Tribal wars are included. Looking at brain development from our cousins it is obvious that we need to wake up from it. Jung promoted the idea of archetypes to describe the process needed, though there are other methods. Proper unorganised religion?

I’m too young to remember Saville as a DJ, he was just an increasingly creepy children’s entertainer when I was a kid with ‘Jim’ll Fix It’ (which I didn’t like/watch) and the occasional presentation of Top Of The Pops. It is terrifying that a paedophile could get access to such a position, let alone get away with such astonishing levels of child abuse for a lifetime, but whatever he was he wasn’t a DJ IMHO. Not in any real sense.
I am (unfortunately) that old. He was one of a sort of "Big Four" with David Jacobs, Pete Murray and Alan Freeman, all of whom, I believe, had disc-spinning programmes on Radio Luxembourg, the only UK radio source of popular music before the pirate radio ships of the mid-1960s and the BBC's acquiescence to popular culture. They were all regulars on a Saturday TV show called "Juke Box Jury", in which they adjuicated on new releases. It was, I think, the first time the music of John Barry was heard - he wrote the theme tune:

Savile distinguished himself by strange antics, notably bizarre hair colouring (tartan, Harris tweed, black one side, white on the other) and a very odd manner of speaking. Personally, I couldn't stand the guy and ignored him completely.

It's all a bit Eastenders/Coronation Street for a lot of people, just something to gossip about amongst themselves - "ooh did you see what she/he was wearing? I bet Harry isn't impressed. Ahhh aren't their kids sweet. He should cut his hair or get a wig." etc. etc.

That is probably where a lot of it comes from back when life was really grim, you'd done 14 hours down the pit and come home to bread and dripping but at least you could sit down in your squalid little damp house and see a nice picture of the Queen in the paper to cheer you up.

I am (unfortunately) that old. He was one of a sort of "Big Four" with David Jacobs, Pete Murray and Alan Freeman, all of whom, I believe, had disc-spinning programmes on Radio Luxembourg, the only UK radio source of popular music before the pirate radio ships of the mid-1960s and the BBC's acquiescence to popular culture.

Of that lot it is only Alan Freeman I knew. He had a Radio 1 program that played a lot of prog etc. I listened to it regularly, in fact it is where I first heard of bands such as La Düsseldorf, so he was certainly playing some interesting outliers now and again! I remember Radio Luxembourg being a thing, but I can’t remember much about it beyond that.

A mate (now living in Cyprus) joined BBC radio division in the 70’s and worked his way up the corporation to eventually be radio 3 engineer and often mentioned his few weeks working for saville in the 70’s before he requested a transfer, an utterly vile human being was his description of the man. Despite the BBC management claiming otherwise his predilection as a creep was well known with those who had the misfortune to work for him

Despite the BBC management claiming otherwise his predilection as a creep was well known with those who had the misfortune to work for him

John Lydon, then Johnny Rotten, got into a lot of trouble calling Saville out way back in 1978 (Guardian). That’s before Saville’s friendship with Thatcher and much of the Tory establishment etc.

It was well known to social services in Leeds I'm told, it just wasn't a secret. He used to threaten anyone with being sued at the Old Bailey, which would be fixed for him by his 'contacts', given that he held a Doctor of Letters. The legal expenses would have been eye-watering for anybody treated in this way...

And the thing about Savile is you would expect the security services and the royal advisers to at least know the rumours. Ditto with Epstein. You would think there would be chatter at an official level. I mean, it's hardly a major event to tell the future King not to hang out with weirdo DJ.

Of course, is always possible that the security services are a bit rubbish and the royals are naive simpletons. I wouldn't rule that out.

Indeed. The symbolism of it all is so obvious too...
The emphasis on military power. The state religion. Parading the children and grandchildren to show us the dynasty will continue. The crown with huge jewels from the former colonies to demonstrate how much was stolen from them. Etc, etc...
We will have to do it all again next year too.

Yeah operation golden tampon has been years in
hibernation.Another glitter fest.

He actually claims to have been the first person to use the twin turntable set up, in a club he was running in Manchester in the 60’s.
It was a lot earlier than that:
http://www.spannered.org/books/745/

Edit - Just consulted my copy of Last Night a DJ Saved My Life by Brewster and Broughton and Ilford 1946 is claimed.

Savile was also the first person to play records live as a proto-Disc Jockey (as opposed to via a Jukebox or equivalent) through amplification in clubs in 1943. He was hired by Mecca ballrooms to initiate it around the country. He got round Musicians Union rules by paying a band not to play at the venue.

A truly awful man obvs.

Of that lot it is only Alan Freeman I knew. He had a Radio 1 program that played a lot of prog etc. I listened to it regularly, in fact it is where I first heard of bands such as La Düsseldorf, so he was certainly playing some interesting outliers now and again! I remember Radio Luxembourg being a thing, but I can’t remember much about it beyond that.
We all tuned in to Radio Luxembourg at 11.00pm on Sunday night to hear the NME Top Twenty played. 208 on the medium wave, if I recall correctly. Many of the presenters were resident there (Pete Murray certainly was for a while).

His name has already been mentioned in this thread. He’s dead so I don’t believe libel applies, but I’m not a lawyer so I could be wrong. I’m not into conspiracy theories, but certain names seem to recur with an alarming frequency. We can ignore, refuse to believe etc but that’s exactly what happened with Savile and Cyril Smith.

Informative article The Mirror carried, from 2015.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ex-cop-claims-royal-paedophile-ring-5379159

advertisement

Back