advertisement

King Charles III

From The Guardian:

Speaking on Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg, the Speaker of the House of Commons, Sir Lindsay Hoyle, said:

“We should not allow anything to overshadow the most important event the world will ever see and that’s the funeral of Her Majesty.”

Wow, folk are seriously losing their minds at this time.

Crazy. Doesn't he know there will be a coronation next year?

So they say. But they probably just said it for a bit of PR puff after all the negative publicity. Plus if they were doing a feature for TV, a feature of them queuing would have made better TV.

Here is a report from a relative of an eyewitness, with photographic proof https://twitter.com/princessmiaow/status/1571131019239260160

Probably Scholfield and Willougby are just awful people.
62969-7b267049-858a-4e45-a11e-1c4243a4d27b.jpeg

My wife and I are going out for the day with the dogs - a nice coastline somewhere, free from feigned sorrow and enforced mourning. I hope, for those that care, that the day proceeds without incident and that her family are able to say goodbye, but I cannot be doing with the mainstream media's attempts to convince the world that this is a priority for everyone in this nation: it is a lie.

So in the last week we’ve had

The BBC’s Clive Myrie telling us the cost of living crisis pales into insignificance.

Lindsey Hoyle telling us it’s the most important event in world history.

The BBC and Channel 4 captioning someone as ‘Crown Prince of Greece’- a republic?

Just a wee bit embarrassing!

The support charity for which I volunteer drive the minibus is functioning as usual today. I've just arrived in Hereford to pick-up. No traffic, of course, so I'm early and have got 30 minutes to kill !

Isn’t that potential libellous? I stand to be corrected but to my knowledge Andrew is not accused of doing anything with anyone below the age of consent?
He has been accused, but the matter was settled out of court. So yes, it could be potentially libellous, but Andrew would have to sue to settle the matter, which he obviously does not want to do.

He has been accused, but the matter was settled out of court. So yes, it could be potentially libellous, but Andrew would have to sue to settle the matter, which he obviously does not want to do.

So people are free to go around labelling him in public at leisure with no recourse?

There is plenty to have a go at Andrew about without making up stuff.

If it’s ok to libel him then the AUP should be updated to allow anyone here to libel others. Somehow I don’t think Tony will do that..

Let me add that I have no time for Andrew but let’s maintain our own dignity.

I had a beautiful walk around Delamere Forest with the dogs and a delightful mixed meze at a Lebanese cafe. There were three cafes open in my area, all were busy and the roads were quiet, which was nice. I hope the day passed peacefully, gracefully and without incident and that her family were able to lay Queen Elizabeth II to rest. Whether you are a monarchist, republican or ambivalent, best wishes.

advertisement

Back