advertisement

Her Majesty the Queen RIP

Respect where due..etc..mutter..mutter.. but FFS!!!

It's like Christmas...where we are not only depressingly aware of the season, but also reminded Ad Nauseam, by 'TV Specials' of every TV prog..
It seems we now have 'Queen Specials', of every bloody TV prog on the Beeb.
Please make it stop!!!

It's like Christmas...where we are not only depressingly aware of the season, but also reminded Ad Nauseam, by 'TV Specials' of every TV prog..
Please make it stop!!!
You should complain to the BBC with a strongly worded letter, Mull. That’ll show ‘em.

Please make it stop!!!
Don't worry, in the interest of 'balance', I expect that the BBC will soon dedicate itself to two weeks of wall-to-wall Republican propaganda. That, after all, is how the BBC deals with matters of opinion.

You should complain to the BBC with a strongly worded letter, Mull. That’ll show ‘em.

Well of course! I'm just assembling the requisite phrases....
- 'in my day..'
- 'country's gone to the dogs..'
-'national service'
-'shouldn't be allowed...'
-'my taxes. '
-'Harrumph!'

Any other suggestions?

What would you be watching were it not for the mournfest? BBC 1 seems to show nothing worth watching anyway.

Well of course! I'm just assembling the requisite phrases....
- 'in my day..'
- 'country's gone to the dogs..'
-'national service'
-'shouldn't be allowed...'
-'my taxes. '
-'Harrumph!'

Any other suggestions?

Your list - I see that the Alf Garnett '60s series by Johnny Speight is being repeated on SKY channel 183. The odd word is being bleeped out but I must admit that it is still quite funny but of another age.

She’s got a very nice last day in Scotland

NYz2bzm.jpg

Last edited:
But that’s TV output at any time...
Certainly the entire output of BBC1 and 2, ITV and Channel 4. BBC4 has some good archive shows, which is why it's being abolished. There's a Freeview channel called Talking Pictures TV, which has some good films, plus some antique TV shows (The Outer Limits, One Step Beyond, Maigret). Other than that, nothing. (I'm talking free-to-view channels. Doubtless there's good stuff on the paid-for channels).

advertisement

Back