advertisement

The Brilliance of Tiny Desk Concerts - any other recommendations?

Just seen her live at End of the Road festival - inspired me to share this Tiny Desk, where I first came across her amazing guitar style. I think she has become even better!

Posted this in the 'What are you listening to right now?' thread, didn't realise there's a dedicated thread for Tiny Desk Concerts.

Once again a little excursion into the Tiny Desk history:

August 2013 featured singer-songwriter and guitarist extraordinaire Steve Gunn. Accompanied by Justin Tripp on bass and John Truscinski on drums.
They played the songs "Old Strange" and "Lurker" from the then new album "Time Off".

Not tiny desk, but still quite good. Lost track of how many different genres and instruments these guys can play.

A December 2013 performance by Texas singer-songwriter Sarah Jarosz.

She plays "Over the Edge," "Build Me Up from Bones," and "Fuel the Fire" from her then-new album "Build Me Up from Bones".
Sarah Jarosz is accompanied by Alex Hargreaves on violin and Nathaniel Smith on cello.

A January 2014 performance by Indiana sisters Lily and Madeleine Jurkiewicz.

They play "Devil We Know," "Paradise," and "You Got Out" from their self-titled debut album, released in October 2013.

The wonderful Angel Olsen with a very nice performance from October 2013, released in January 2014.

With "Unfucktheworld", "Iota", "Enemy" and "White Fire" she played four songs from the record "Burn Your Fire for No Witness", which was to be released in February 2014.

An early performance by Australian singer-songwriter Courtney Barnett from April 2014, before the release of her debut LP.

She plays "Avant Gardener" and "History Eraser", both previously only available on EPs, as well as the then unreleased "Depreston", which would be included on her 2015 debut LP "Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit".

Wet Leg have done a KEXP one. Must admit, a band that have passed me by despite all the attention they've been getting. But I presume this one will please the kidz.

Wet Leg have done a KEXP one. Must admit, a band that have passed me by despite all the attention they've been getting. But I presume this one will please the kidz.

I was just coming here to post that.
We watched it last night with big grins on our faces.

A good KEXP one from 2020 that just popped up on my YouTube recommendations. Needless to say, fantastic KEXP sound quality too.

If you ever have a chance to see St. Paul & The Broken Bones live, don't hesitate. They put on one hell of a show.

advertisement

Back