advertisement

RVG radio interview from 1989

Nagraboy

Ausculta fili
Found this today, 1h17m interview on YouTube recorded in 1989 with lots of music interludes. Well worth a listen if you’re interested in the work of Rudy Van Gelder:

Nagra,
Thanks I have seen quite a few Van Gelder interviews, but not heard that one. As a follow up for those who may not of seen it here is an interview about Van Gelder with Richard Capeles (Deep Groove Mono) who is probably the most knowledgable person about Van Gelder’s life an recording career and has done a lot of research on him that can be found on his own DG Mono Website and his RVG Legacy one.

@poco a poco

Thanks Jim, I did watch that video recently but think I’ll rewatch it - it’s such fascinating stuff.

Lately I’ve been watching Richard’s own YouTube channel too. It’s funny, he only owns about 50 LPs plus some 78s but he seems to buy originals and keeps them for a while before passing them on, on a continuous rotation.

@poco a poco

Thanks Jim, I did watch that video recently but think I’ll rewatch it - it’s such fascinating stuff.

Lately I’ve been watching Richard’s own YouTube channel too. It’s funny, he only owns about 50 LPs plus some 78s but he seems to buy originals and keeps them for a while before passing them on, on a continuous rotation.
Yes I have watched some of videos reviews as well a bit of a mix of originals and Classic reissues.

advertisement

Back